Easy Chocolate Truffles
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Chocolate Truffles are irresistibly delicious featuring a mini marshmallow coating. And they’re one of the easiest chocolate truffle recipe with only 6 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep time. Perfect for treats, parties and DIY gifts!
We knew it was time to create a chocolate truffle recipe after our Oreo Truffles went viral on Facebook. Instead of cookie and cream, these truffles use melted semi-sweet chocolate and cream as the base.
From there, they’re coated in mini marshmallow bites for a beautiful wintry look that’s great for the holidays but also year-round. These truffles are one of our go-to recipes for a quick treat to make for a party or gift idea, and they’re fun to make with kids too.
We love to serve these truffles with a glass of steamed milk. If you’re in the mood, stir a truffle into the milk to make hot chocolate for a delicious winter treat.
While these truffles are quick and easy to make, plan on an hour of chilling time to let the balls set. You can make them a few days ahead of time if you store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Watch How To Make Chocolate Truffles
Chocolate Truffles (with Video)
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups mini marshmallows bits
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add chocolate chips, sugar, salt, vanilla, cream.
- Microwave in 30 seconds intervals until the chocolate has melted, stirring each time until smooth.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Using an ice cream or cookie dough scoop, scoop out 1-inch balls from the bowl and use the palms of your hand to make them round and smooth.
- Place balls onto prepared baking sheet an inch apart.
- Press mini-marshmallows into the balls so they stick. Chill until serving and enjoy!
- If you can't find marshmallow bits, you can cut mini marshmallows in half.
- You can also stir these chocolate truffles into hot milk to make hot cocoa with marshmallows.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
More truffle recipes:
View all truffle recipes