OMG who doesn’t love chocolate and strawberries? These Chocolate Covered Strawberries are perfect gifts for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or any special occasions, especially when they are shaped in hearts!
Flowers are a sweet gesture, but these chocolate covered strawberries in heart shape are even better as they are not only beautiful, but also taste heavenly delicious.
The crunchy, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate shell and the cool, sweet and juicy strawberry are all in one bite! So Good!
They look really fancy and amazing, yet they are super easy to make. They are the simplest dessert to make: strawberries, semisweet chocolate, white chocolate and red decorating icing – only 4 ingredients needed.
Then 30 minutes is all it takes to create something blissfully elegant, decadent and delicious. You’ll also need a few toothpicks, and that’s it! By the way this is a great recipe for kids to help out on.
Each heart will look different because strawberries are all different sizes, but fear not. Once the icing goes on, they will look fantastic!
I like to keep things simple and decorate them with melted chocolate and red decorating icing, but you can go crazy with the toppings if you’d like!
Chocolate chips are fine to use for this recipe, but to achieve the best results, baking chocolate work better and make it easier to coat the strawberries. The quality of the ingredients will affect the final product.
An import trick to make these chocolate-covered strawberry heart is to make sure that strawberries are dry. After you rinse the strawberries, use paper towel to dry them properly.
Also after you cut the strawberries, you need to dry them again to make sure no juice left. Otherwise, the coating won’t stick to the strawberries well.
Watch this quick tutorial to see how to make them:
The Best Chocolate Covered Strawberry Heart (with Video)
- 9 large strawberries
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- 6 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 tube red icing
- Wash strawberries and pat dry with paper towels. Then slice off top 1/4 inch of each. Then slice each in half lengthwise.
- Using a toothpick, skewer two halves of a strawberry together to make a heart shape. Repeat for remaining strawberries.
- Add white chocolate to a medium microwaveable bowl, and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring each time. In a second bowl, repeat for semisweet chocolate.
- Dip 5 of the hearts into white chocolate. Place onto a wax paper-lined plate. Dip remaining hearts into semisweet chocolate, and set onto plate.
- Chill 15 minutes, and remove the toothpicks.
- Then decorate with icing, white or dark chocolate as desired. Chill another 15 minutes to let the icing set. Serve and enjoy!
Check out our Easy Ice Cube Chocolates for another yummy DIY chocolate recipe!