Oreo Stuffed Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Oreo Stuffed Cookies melt in your mouth with moist oreo and chocolate chip cookie flavors! They’re easy to make in just 30 minutes.
We’re often asked about our favorite oreo desserts and this recipe always comes our near the top. They’re as good for everyday take-along snacks as they are for parties and potlucks. We pack them for lunches and picnics too!
The best part is that they’re easy to make using a muffin pan, like 30 minutes and you’re done!
How to Make Oreo Stuffed Cookies
There are two ways to make them: 1) from scratch using homemade cookie dough, or 2) using storebought cookie dough. Homemade always tastes best, while storebought saves a few minutes of prep time.
To make them, you need to hide an Oreo inside the cookie dough before putting them into the oven. There are two methods to do this.
Method #1: Muffin Tin (Preferred)
Press a half-inch layer of dough into each muffin tin. Add an Oreo and then another half-inch of dough on top to fully enclose. This method yields perfectly shaped cookies and exactly the same sizes.
Method #2: Baking Sheet
Take one scoop of cookie dough and make it into ball shape. Flatten it out in your palm, and place Oreo cookie on top, and then add another piece of cookie dough on top. Seal the edges well until a large ball is formed (Make sure the Oreo is completely enclosed with the cookie dough, in the meantime, don’t add too much dough which will cause the cookies to spread too much).
Then place them onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake. Let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Tips for Making Oreo Stuffed Cookies
- If you make the cookie dough from scratch, make sure to soften the butter before mixing it with other ingredients.
- If you use the baking sheet method, leave two inches between cookies as they’ll expand during baking.
- For the muffin tin method, make sure to spray the muffin tin well before adding cookie dough for easy unmolding.
- If you use muffin tin method, let the cookie cool completely before taking them out from the muffin tin, otherwise they might crack.
Watch Recipe Video
This quick tutorial will show you how to make oreo chocolate chip cookies:
More oreo treats:
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (see note)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Apply nonstick spray to a muffin pan or baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in flour, salt and baking soda. Then mix in chocolate chips.
- Press a half-inch layer of dough into each muffin tin cup.
- Add an oreo and then another half-inch of dough on top to fully enclose.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- How to Soften Butter: Place the unwrapped butter on a microwave-safe plate or bowl and microwave it on high power for 20 seconds. If it’s not soft enough, add 5 seconds at a time until you reach the desired texture.
- How Long Do Oreo Stuffed Cookies Last? You can store them at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.