Easy Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies combine the best of both worlds: chewy cookies with soft and moist oreos in every bite. These oreo chocolate chip cookies only take 30 minutes to make and are irresistibly good! Plus video tutorial!
This dessert is a delicious sweet treat to enjoy at home, and they’re perfect for a party or potluck as well. Everyone who tries them keeps coming back for more, and our friends still talk nostalgically about them!
HOW TO MAKE OREO STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are a two-ingredient recipe if you use store-bought cookie dough, but I find homemade cookie dough helps prevent the dough from spreading too much so the cookies are more beautiful after baking.
To make them, you need to hide an Oreo inside the cookie dough before putting them into the oven. There are two methods to do this.
Method 1: Using Baking Sheet
Take one scoop of cookie dough and make it into ball shape. Flatten it out in your palm, and place Oreo cookie on top, and then add another piece of cookie dough on top. Seal the edges well until a large ball is formed (Make sure the Oreo is completely enclosed with the cookie dough, in the meantime, don’t add too much dough which will cause the cookies to spread too much).
Then place them onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake. Let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Method 2: Using Muffin Tin (My Preferred Method)
Press a half-inch layer of dough into each muffin tin. Add an Oreo and then another half-inch of dough on top to fully enclose. This method yields perfectly shaped cookies and exactly the same sizes.
Tips for Making Great Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- If you make the cookie dough from scratch, make sure to soften the butter before mixing it with other ingredients.
- If you use the baking sheet method, leave two inches between cookies as they’ll expand during baking.
- For the muffin tin method, make sure to spray the muffin tin well before adding cookie dough for easy unmolding.
- If you use muffin tin method, let the cookie cool completely before taking them out from the muffin tin, otherwise they might crack.
Step By Step Process Photo
How to Soften Butter
Place the unwrapped butter on a microwave-safe plate or bowl and microwave it on high power for 20 seconds. If it’s not soft enough, add 5 seconds at a time until you get the perfect texture.
Can I Freeze Them After Baking?
Yes, just like regular chocolate chip cookies, these ones freeze well for up to one month in a ziplock bag or airtight container.
How Long Do Oreo Stuffed Cookies Last?
While they taste best the same day, you can keep them for up to a week in an airtight container. When you’re ready to serve, microwave them for 1-2 minutes until the chocolate chips are just starting to get shiny.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE OREO STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Easy Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Video)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Apply nonstick spray to a muffin pan or baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together and beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in flour, salt and baking soda. Then mix in chocolate chips.
- Press a half-inch layer of dough into each muffin tin cup.
- Add an oreo and then another half-inch of dough on top to fully enclose.
- Bake for 15-18 min or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 min in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Looking for more Oreo dessert recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.