These Mini Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes have a hidden oreo on the bottom, so mouthwateringly delicious with only six ingredients! They’ll become your new BFF…
This Mini Oreo Cheesecake is fluffy and bursting with cookies and cream flavor in cupcake that’s perfect for a party, or just a snack. Definitely one of our most popular Oreo dessert recipes along with our Oreo Cake.
These oreo cheesecake cupcakes are baked in a low temperature oven to become fluffy and light. We’ve packed them for school lunches and kids just love to show off the hidden oreo on the bottom.
And if you want a quick dessert idea at home, just serve them up with your favorite fresh fruit and coffee. They are particularly good for birthday parties or special occasions like Mother’s Day. Kids love them too!
How to Make Mini Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
The cookie should fit comfortably into the bottom without too much wiggle room, like this:
Once the cookies are in the paper cups, you can make the homemade cheesecake filling in a mixing bowl.
A medium size mixing bowl and a hand mixer will work well…
Mix the cream cheese with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl to make the filling. Beating the ingredients together at high speed is what gives the fluffy texture, so get it nice and smooth!
We’ve also included crumbled oreo pieces in the filling for extra flavor – don’t worry, they soften up during baking.
Once you’ve finished making your filling, spoon it into each cup until they’re almost full…
And into the oven they go to bake for 25-30 minutes at 300°F, a slightly cooler oven than usual. UPDATE: We increased this from 275°F after some of you reported it wasn’t cooking fully at higher altitudes.
It’s a balance because going above 300°F can cause the cheesecake to crack and brown on the surface, while cooler may leave it mushy especially if you have a weak oven. An oven thermometer is a handy tool if your oven is not that reliable.
They taste so good after being chilled for a few hours, but you can serve them warm out of oven. It’s a great make a head recipe.
Tips and Tricks for Making Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- While any brick cream cheese will do, we always find that fresh cream cheese from the deli counter produces the best flavor.
- Ensure your cream cheese is softened before mixing – here are tips on how to quickly soften cream cheese.
- Bake at a lower temperature than usual 275-300°F to get a lighter color and avoid browning or cracking. Here are pictures showing them baked at different temperatures.
- If you want a substitute for sour cream, greek yogurt or any thick yogurt will work well.
- To make this recipe lighter and healthier, use light cream cheese and nonfat sour cream.
Watch How to Make Mini Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes:
The Best Mini Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes (with Video)
These mini oreo cheesecake cupcakes have a hidden oreo on the bottom, so mouthwateringly delicious with only six ingredients! They’ll become your new BFF…
- 12 Oreo cookies whole
- 6 Oreo cookies chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups.
Place one Oreo cookie into each paper cup.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, gradually adding sugar, vanilla, eggs, sour cream, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling each to almost the top.
- Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top.
Place in the lower third of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until firm in the middle.
Remove from oven and transfer to cooling racks. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more oreo cheesecake recipes?
- Upside Down Oreo Cheesecake
- Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Oreo Cheesecake with Raspberries
- Raspberry Swirl Oreo Cheesecake Tarts
- The Best Oreo Cheesecake Recipes
Looking for more oreo dessert recipes?