Creamy and rich Oreo Balls coated in white chocolate and dark chocolate, covered with chocolate drizzle and oreo crumbs. The perfect bite-sized treat that everyone loves… Plus video recipe!
When it’s time to make treats for a party, our most popular recipes are these Oreo Balls, Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Strawberry Chocolate Mouse, Fried Ice Cream and of course our Oreo Truffles. They’re creamy rich with delicious oreo flavors, so you can’t go wrong.
HOW TO MAKE OREO BALLS
These Oreo Balls only require 4 ingredients excluding the optional toppings and decorations. Here are the key steps:
- First, line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper and set aside.
- Crush the cookies into crumbs, reserving 1/4 cup of crumbs for later.
- In a medium large bowl, combine Oreo crumbs with cream cheese. Mix well until they are smooth.
- Scoop out 1-inch balls, roll in your palms and place on cookie sheet. Freeze 20 minutes.
- When the balls are almost ready to come out, melt the chocolate. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time until smooth.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate using a fork and then place them on the parchment paper.
- Dust with reserved Oreo crumbs, or drizzle with remaining melted chocolate. Add optional sprinkles.
TIPS AND SECRETS FOR MAKING OREO BALLS
- Make sure that the Oreo cookies are finely crushed. The best way to make the Oreo crumbs is to use food processor or blender. You will get nice and fine crumbs.
- It’s much easier to mix the cream cheese and Oreo crumbs if your cream cheese is very well softened. Here is a guide on how to soften cream cheese fast.
- It’s important to mix cream cheese and Oreo crumbs well and achieve the smooth consistency, so that they can be rolled into nice round balls without chunks. They will look nicer after coated with melted chocolate.
- Melted chocolate stays in a good form for about 10 minutes, so you need to move fast.
- High-quality baking chocolate will make a huge difference. Baking chocolate bark is much smoother and much easier to work with.
HOW TO SERVE OREO BALLS
They are great finger food for any parties. We served them at birthday, new year and Christmas parties. It’s also a great gift idea for any holidays.
You can also use various decorations for different occasions. We made these Oreo Balls into Snowman Oreo Truffles for Christmas and they are almost too cute to eat!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE OREO BALLS
Easy Oreo Balls (Video Recipe)
The Best Oreo Balls - the easiest and most beautiful dessert you will ever make! Only 4 ingredients required: Oreos, cream cheese, white chocolate and dark semi-sweet chocolate. Sprinkles are optional.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Crush the cookies into crumbs in a food processor or blender. Reserve 1/4 cup of crumbs for topping later.
In a medium large bowl, combine oreo crumbs with softened cream cheese, and mix into a paste. Scoop out 1-inch balls, roll in your palms and place on cookie sheet. Freeze 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in one bowl, and the white chocolate in another. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time until smooth.
- Dip each ball in either chocolate. Dust with reserved oreo crumbs, or drizzle with remaining melted chocolate. Add optional sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
Using quality baking chocolate will make a huge difference, as it's much smoother and will coat the oreo balls better.
Looking for more oreo dessert recipes?
- The Best Oreo Cake
- Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Upside Down Oreo Cheesecake
- Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Oreo Cheesecake with Raspberries
- Raspberry Swirl Oreo Cheesecake Tarts
- The Best Oreo Cheesecake Recipes
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here