Upside Down Oreo Cheesecake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Upside Down Oreo Cheesecake is a scrumptious dessert with an elegant presentation that never fails to impress! The cheesecake is easy to make with just 5 simple ingredients – cream cheese, eggs, sugar, yogurt and vanilla – and the bottom of the pan is lined with whole oreos that moisten during baking for a melt-in-your-mouth sensation. Plus video tutorial!
Oreo cheesecake is one of our standby desserts that’s easy to make and everyone enjoys! This version is a simple homemade baked cheesecake with moist oreos facing up, and its tuxedo look is truly gorgeous. Serve it alone or with some berries for a stunning color contrast.
In addition to this recipe, we also make mini Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes for parties and also no-bake Oreo Cheesecake with Raspberries when it’s too hot to turn on the oven or we want an eggless recipe.
How to Make Upside Down Oreo Cheesecake
You can make this recipe with simple ingredients you have on hand:
- Oreo cookies (or any cookies and cream cookies)
- Cream cheese, regular or low-fat
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Yogurt, regular or low-fat
Simply beat the cheesecake ingredients together in a mixing bowl and fold in some crushed oreos. Then line the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper, followed by additional whole oreos. You can use any oreo flavor you like including Double Stuf, and then pour the cheesecake mixture on top to cover and bake!
If the surface of the cheesecake forms cracks during baking, not to worry! It will be inverted and nobody will be able to see anything but the oreos!
Which cake pan to use?
For this oreo cheesecake, I prefer a springform pan that allows you to easily separate the side from the bottom. If you don’t happen to have one on hand, then any one-piece cake pan will work. You’ll just need to run a knife around the edge to loosen it before unmolding.
All you need to do is line a round cake pan with parchment paper, add Oreos, make a cheesecake batter, put it on top and bake. Add in a few berries for serving and you’ll be in dessert heaven!
Can I make it in ahead of time?
Yes! This upside down oreo cheesecake can sit for up to 2 hours at room temperature before serving. For longer periods, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. You can also store in the freezer for up to 2 months in a sealed ziplock bag.
Watch How to Make Upside Down Cheesecake
Upside Down Oreo Cheesecake (with Video)
- 22 Oreo cookies, 16 whole and 6 coarsely chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Fresh berries, optional - for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, gradually adding sugar, vanilla, eggs, and yogurt. Mix well after each addition.
- Stir in chopped cookies by hand. Then add batter into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the lower third of your oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of the cake pan to loosen.
- Invert onto a cooling rack, and gently peel off the parchment to reveal to oreos. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Looking for more oreo cheesecake recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.