These flavorful lemon truffles are so easy to make and they look absolutely beautiful! It takes only 15 minutes. All you need is only 5 simple ingredients: lemon cake mix, butter, sugar, lemon and yellow sprinkles.
After I made the popular Oreo Truffles, I cannot stop thinking of those delicious and beautiful truffles. Today, I’d like to share with you another really simple and easy truffle recipe: Lemon Truffles!
The sight of fresh lemons always make us think of delicious desserts like these lemon truffles…
They’re bite size lemon cake balls that are so fragrant and beautiful. We make them for parties and also as gifts for friends and neighbors. Their bright color can cheer anyone up…
All you need are 5 simple ingredients to make them: fresh lemons, lemon cake mix, butter, sugar and some sprinkles. It’s a no bake recipe except for a quick heat treatment for the cake mix to pasteurize it.
There is no special equipment needed except a mixing bowl and a plate to roll the truffles in sprinkles. You make the batter and roll it into balls between your palms. This is a fun activity to do with kids if you have little helpers around.
This recipe makes 15-20 truffles depending on how big you make them. You may want to double the recipe for a party.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
15 Minute Easy Lemon Truffles (with Video)
- 1 15-oz box lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted, plus one solid cube for your hands
- 1 lemon 1 tbsp juice + 1 tsp zest
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, and set aside a baking sheet.
- Spread out lemon cake mix onto baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes (this is to pasteurize). Meanwhile, get your other ingredients ready.
- In a large bowl mix together baked cake mix, melted butter, lemon juice, and zest until the dough starts to form.
- Butter your hands with the solid cube of butter, and make the dough into 1 1/2 balls.
- Place sprinkles onto a plate and roll each truffle to coat thoroughly. Set finished truffles onto a plate or container.
- Refrigerate for an hour to set. Serve and enjoy!
Check out our Oreo Truffles for another yummy truffle recipe: