If you love mint creme oreos, the time has come to try shamrock-colored Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes cupcakes. They’re great if you’re having a party, are feeling the luck of the Irish, or simply want an easy recipe with 5 ingredients…
You could make these to celebrate St Patrick’s Day, but they are actually fun to make year-round. If you have kids or friends whose favorite color is green, look no further…
Like our wildly popular Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes, people don’t know there’s a cookie sandwich hiding inside!
For this recipe, we used the Mint Creme Oreos that are widely available. There are also other brands like Newman’s Own and Annie’s that make a similar green cookie sandwich.
Next it’s time to make the mint cheesecake featuring creme de menthe. It’s basically a syrup that has a natural green color from mint leaves. You can use either alcoholic or non-alcohol versions here. As a backup, you can use drops of green food coloring instead.
And that’s it. You bake for them for 20 minutes and then let them cool. They’re easy to make ahead, and all you need to do is keep them chilled.
Our friends have been demanding the recipe for ages, and finally you get to have it first… Happy St Patrick’s Day everyone! Watch our quick tutorial to see how to make them:
Easy Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 12 mint creme cookie sandwiches
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup creme de menthe
- whipped cream optional
- chocolate shavings optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cupcake cups. Add one cookie to each cup.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, eggs until smooth. Then thoroughly mix in add creme de menthe.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- When ready to serve, top with optional whipped cream and grate some chocolate on top. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Tips-You can substitute light cream cheese in this recipe if you prefer.
Check out our Mini Oreo Cheesecake Cups too: