These shamrock-colored Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes are a must-try for St. Patrick’s Day and kids birthday parties with a green theme! They feature mint creme oreos and mint-flavored cheesecake for an irresistible treat.
After our popular Mini Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes, we decided to make a St Patrick’s Day version. It’s the same recipe, except that we used mint creme oreos and flavored the cheesecake with creme de menthe.
For anyone who loves mint flavors or seeks the luck of the Irish, look no further than these fun homemade treats.
Like our wildly popular Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes, people don’t know there’s a cookie sandwich hiding inside!
For this recipe, we used the Mint Creme Oreos that are easiest to find online. Newman’s Own and Annie’s also make a similar green cookie sandwich.
Next it’s time to make the mint cheesecake featuring creme de menthe. It’s basically a syrup that has a natural green color from mint leaves. You can use either alcoholic or non-alcohol versions here. As a backup, you can use drops of green food coloring instead.
And that’s it. You bake for them for 20 minutes and then let them cool. They’re easy to make ahead, and all you need to do is keep them chilled.
Watch How to Make Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes:
Easy Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 12 mint creme cookie sandwiches
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup creme de menthe
- whipped cream optional
- chocolate shavings optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cupcake cups. Add one cookie to each cup.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, eggs until smooth. Then thoroughly mix in add creme de menthe.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- When ready to serve, top with optional whipped cream and grate some chocolate on top. Serve and enjoy!
-You can substitute light cream cheese in this recipe if you prefer.
Looking for more oreo cheesecake recipes?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here