Best Slutty Brownies
Slutty Brownies are the ultimate decadent Oreo cookie brownies combining chewy chocolate chip cookies, soft Oreos, and super fudgy brownies!
With a few simple ingredients, this slutty brownie recipe is easy to make from scratch and I’ve included lots of tips and a video to make sure you end up with perfect slutty brownies every single time.
Slutty brownie recipe is one of my favorite dessert recipes and is a guaranteed hit. It’s a 3-layer treat with cookie dough on the bottom, oreo cookies in the middle and a brownie layer on top. The best part? The baked oreos are soft and melt-in-your-mouth delicious as they soaked up the moist from the batter during baking… Can you say yummy!
WHY ARE THEY CALLED SLUTTY BROWNIES?
This dessert recipe is originally called oreo cookie brownies, and somewhere along the way, people found “slutty brownies” a more attractive name. But what’s the history of slutty brownies? Jessica Simpson called slutty brownies her biggest pregnancy craving on Leno years ago. When asked why they’re called that she said: “I don’t know, I guess a lot goes into them?” Let’s just say the term stuck!
Besides oreo cookie brownies, it’s also called cookie dough oreo brownies, chocolate chip oreo brownies, oreo brownie cookie bars and dirty brownies.
HOW TO MAKE SLUTTY BROWNIES
- Start with lining your baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cookie Dough Layer: Add chocolate chip cookie dough into a single layer about ¼-inch thick on the bottom. Make sure to press down firmly and form an even layer. You can use store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough at the supermarket, or make homemade chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Oreo Layer: Arrange the oreos side-by-side on top of the cookie dough, making sure there’s no overlap. If there is extra space on the edge, you can break the oreos in half to fit into the pan.
- Brownie Layer: Add brownie batter on top of the oreos, just enough to cover the cookies evenly.
- Bake slutty brownie cake for 30-40 minutes in the lower third of a 350°F oven. Baking for 30 minutes will produce a wetter brownie, while 40 minutes will make a cake-y brownie.
HOMEMADE BROWNIE BATTER
If you use brownie mix (such as betty crocker) for this recipe, you will only need about half of what an 18-ounce brownie box makes, just enough to cover the cookies evenly. You can also make slutty brownies using homemade brownie batter. To do it this way, mix the following ingredients in a medium bowl until combined:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT SLUTTY BROWNIES
- Lining your pan with parchment paper is the easiest way to get the brownies out of the pan after baking.
- If you use store-bought brownie mix, don’t pour all the batter into the pan. You only need enough to cover the oreo cookie layer, or about half of the batter.
- If you want a clean square cut of slutty brownies, let the brownie cool in the pan completely before slicing with a sharp knife.
- Serve your slutty brownies with ice cream or chocolate ganache.
- This recipe is versatile and you can use different types of oreos or other treats such as reeses for peanut butter slutty brownies. Some of our faves include Red Velvet Slutty Brownies and Slutty Brownie Cupcakes.
SLUTTY BROWNIE RECIPE VIDEO TUTORIAL
- 16 oz chocolate chip cookie dough
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 9 oz brownie mix, half of an 18-oz box
- ingredients called for on the brownie mix box: eggs, oil etc., halve the amounts
Serving - optional
- chocolate sauce
- caramel sauce
- ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Press the cookie dough into a single layer in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Arrange Oreos in a single layer on top of the cookie dough.
- Make the brownie batter in a medium bowl according to the package directions.
- Pour brownie batter on top of the oreos, spreading out with a spatula to evenly cover the oreos. (If you use brownie mix, you will only need about 1/2 of the batter)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for at least 1 hour. Serve and enjoy!
- To test whether they’re ready, insert a toothpick or cake tester in the middle; if it doesn’t come out clean, bake for 5 more minutes before testing again.
- To make the chocolate ganache, heat 1 cup heavy cream for 40-60 seconds until hot. Add 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Pour over cooled brownies and set for several minutes.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Editor’s note: Updated May 19, 2019 with additional details and photos.
More Brownie Recipes You’ll Love
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.