Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
This Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken is quick and easy comfort food that will make your mouth water! Everyone will love its sweet and savory honey garlic sauce and juicy chicken thighs where the meat falls off the bone. A perfect weeknight dinner idea made in the Instapot…
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken is one of our most popular Instant Pot recipes along with Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup, Instant Pot Honey Garlic Shrimp and Instant Pot Pad Thai and Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork.
How to Make Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
Honey Garlic Chicken is easy to make in an Instapot with a few simple steps:
Step 1: Sauté the Chicken in the Instant Pot
Using the sauté function, add the chicken thighs to the Instant Pot and sear for 2 minutes per side until starting to brown. This is necessary to develop the flavors given the quick cooking cycle.
Step 2: Pressure Cook in the Instant Pot
Once the chicken is lightly browned, add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or so. Then add all the remaining ingredients: potatoes, carrots, onion, soy sauce, honey, ketchup and oregano. Cover the Instant Pot and lock the lid into place. Now select the Manual setting with High Pressure and set a timer of 10 minutes.
Step 3: Season and Serve
Following your Instant Pot’s safety instructions, carefully open the Quick Release knob to bring down the pressure. This will take a minute or two. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Then garnish with optional fresh parsley and serve!
Tips and Secrets for Making Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Select the largest chicken thighs you can find, since they shrink during cooking; skinless thighs are the healthiest option.
- If you want to include a green vegetable like broccoli, cook it separately since it requires less time. Then add it in at the end for a splash of color.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top for a beautiful serving presentation
- Using low sodium soy sauce will give you some flexibility to adjust saltiness before serving.
Equipment for Making Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Any Instant Pot will work for this recipe, and I use a 6-quart programmable model
- Kitchen tongs are helpoful for removing the honey garlic chicken from the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken with Vegetables
Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped, for serving optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium recommended
- 1/4 cup ketchup , or tomato paste
- 2 tsp oregano
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, ketchup and oregano. Reserve.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté mode. When hot add the olive oil and chicken thighs skin-side down.
- Sauté for 2 minutes until lightly browned. Then turn the pieces and sauté again on the other side.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Then add the potatoes, carrots and onions followed by the reserved sauce.
- Cover the Instant Pot and select the Manual setting with High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the cycle is complete, following the manufacturer's safety precautions, open the Quick Release knob and wait a minute for the pressure to come down.
- Carefully remove the cover. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with optional fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more chicken recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.