Baked Honey Garlic Chicken
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken is an irresistible meal featuring tender and juicy chicken with a honey garlic glaze and crispy skin. There’s no searing, marinating or breading required, and to make it you only need 5 minutes of prep and 5 ingredients: bone-in chicken thighs, garlic, soy sauce, ketchup and honey! Perfect for a weeknight dinner the entire family will love.
Honey garlic is one of the best flavor combinations when cooking chicken and shrimp! Many of you asked how to glaze the chicken in my Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken recipe, so I created this baked chicken recipe where the honey garlic sauce caramelizes into an irresistibly sticky garlicky glaze!
You can use chicken breasts, chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks or a combination, although I recommend chicken thighs for the juiciest and most flavorful chicken. You only need 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep to make it. No searing, marinating or breading required! It really is that easy.
How to Make Baked Honey Garlic Chicken
This is one of my easiest chicken recipes. Simply season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment. If you want to get crispier chicken, you’ll need chicken with the skin on.
Then whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl: honey, garlic, soy sauce and ketchup. Now brush half of the sauce onto the chicken pieces, and then place the baking sheet in the oven for 20-25 minutes. After 10-15 minutes, brush the chicken pieces again with more sauce for extra flavor.
The exact baking time depends on the size of your chicken pieces, and here are some tips on how long to bake chicken. You want the chicken to be cooked through and golden brown on the outside.
Looking for more baked chicken recipes?
- Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans
- Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Tips and Tricks for Making the Best Baked Honey Garlic Chicken
- Buy the largest possible bone-in chicken thighs, since they shrink during baking. Boneless chicken thighs can lose their shape during baking.
- Using skin-on chicken pieces will produce crispier chicken.
- For a lower sodium meal, use low-sodium soy sauce and low-sodium ketchup.
- Marinating the chicken in the sauce ahead of time will give extra flavor, although is optional.
Make Ahead Tips
You can make this dish in advance and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, and the flavor will actually improve. You can also freeze baked chicken thighs or legs for up to one month., and works best for chicken thighs or legs.
How to Serve Baked Honey Garlic Chicken
Honey garlic chicken is delicious served with rice or mashed potatoes and some fresh vegetables on the side. It also goes well with a simple green salad.
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 lb chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- salt and pepper to taste
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium recommended
- 1/4 cup ketchup , or tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
Serving - optional
- parsley, minced
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic and ketchup.
- Place chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush chicken pieces with half of the honey garlic mixture. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Halfway through, remove pan from the oven and brush again with remaining sauce.
- Remove from oven and garnish with optional parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.