The easiest, crispy and most unbelievably delicious Chinese Lemon Chicken in rice bowls, a favorite Asian dinner recipe that’s so much better than takeout! And it’ll be on your dinner table in 30 minutes.
All you need is only a few ingredients: chicken breast, lemon, salt & pepper, egg, oil, sugar, and cornstarch.
Any easy to serve lemon chicken is in a rice bowl with some green veg like broccoli.
Watch how to make Chinese Lemon Chicken:
Easy Crispy Chinese Lemon Chicken (with Video)
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup water (plus another 3 tbsp for cornstarch mix)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- In a mixing bowl with cubed chicken breasts, add zest of half a lemon, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well and marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Coat the marinated cubed chicken breasts into flour.
- In a medium-sized saucepan heat the oil to 325˚F. Deep fry the chicken for about 3-4 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Remove and drain oil. Set aside.
- In a cooking pan, add 1 cup water, lemon juice (about 2 tbsp), and sugar. Bring the mixture to boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with 3 tbsp water, then add the mixture to the frying pan to thicken the sauce. Stir until mixture is smooth and thick.
Mix in the chicken and simmer for about 3-5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more Asian food recipes:
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Moo Goo Gai Pan
- Garlic Beef Lo Mein
- Chicken Pad Thai Meal Prep
- General Tso’s Chicken Crock Pot
- General Tso’s Chicken