The Best Instant Pot Pad Thai
This Instant Pot Pad Thai is your favorite flavorful shrimp pad thai made using an Instant Pot! There are only 10 minutes of prep and the Instapot does the rest. It’s so delicious that once you try it, you’ll make it again and again…
This is an Instant Pot variation on our classic Chicken Pad Thai and Shrimp Pad Thai recipes. All you need to do is give the ingredients a sauté in the Instant Pot before turning on the pressure cooking.
It’s one of the best easy shrimp recipes you can make along with Honey Garlic Shrimp, Teriyaki Shrimp, Shrimp Boil Foil Packets, Easy Garlic Butter Shrimp. You can also substitute tofu for shrimp to make it vegetarian, or use chicken instead. Enjoy!
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes?
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork
Instant Pot Pad Thai
- 8 oz Thai rice noodles
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, 21/25 or 26/30 size, peeled and deveined
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- 2 carrots , sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- red pepper flakes , optional
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Prepare rice noodles according to the instructions on the package, or as described above.
- Drain the noodles and add 1 tbsp oil to prevent it from sticking. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together brown sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce and fish sauce. This is the Pad Thai sauce.
- Select Sauté/Browning on Pressure Cooker and allow to fully heat. Add remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, garlic and half of the green onion and sauté 1 minute. (Optional: Add red flakes)
- Add carrots and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Push the mixture to the edge of the pan and add beaten eggs to the center. Cook and scramble until eggs have cooked through.
- Add in bean sprouts and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in shrimp and toss everything together, then Lock on Lid and Close the Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High Pressure for 1 minute. When Beep sounds, wait 5 minutes and then release pressure. Do not turn off pot.
- Add noodles and sauce mixture to the pot. Toss everything together and combine well. Place lid back onto Pressure Cooker, but do not lock in down. When Keep Warm time on the pot reaches 10, remove the lid and stir.
- Squeeze fresh lime to taste along with peanuts, cilantro, more green onions. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more shrimp recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.