This Honey Garlic Chicken is a quick and easy stir fry that’s full of flavor. And in case you’re in a hurry (and who’s not these days), it’ll be on your dinner table in 15 minutes. So give it a try and skip the takeout…
This recipe makes a healthy meal for a family of four when combined with some rice or noodles, just like our Teriyaki Chicken recipe.
The chicken alone is about 290 calories per serving, and with some white rice, it’s about 400 calories. Feel free to increase the quantities if you want a heartier meal.
It’s also fab for a party or potluck if you double or triple the recipe. Just use two skillets or make it in batches in the same pan. Remember most of the time is preparing the ingredients, which can be done well ahead of time.
We also get the question about using a wok versus skillet. Woks are fantastic if you have one that fits easily on your stove, meaning it should have a flat center. Also, woks tend to hold more food so you can make a larger quantity.
How to make Honey Garlic Chicken
As with all stir-fries, once you start cooking it progresses quickly. So it’s best to spend 5-10 minutes upfront getting all your ingredients ready:
- Cube your chicken breasts if you haven’t bought them pre-cubed
- Slice red peppers or carrots into strips
- Cut broccoli up into bite size pieces
- Mince or crush some garlic
- Mix the soy sauce, broth and honey in a small bowl
You can also mix the cornstarch with a teaspoon of water in a teacup, as that will be the final thickener to coat the chicken. Now it’s time to get cookin’, good lookin’! Heat up a skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil and then chicken.
Spread out the chicken into one layer. Once the pieces start to brown after a minute, then turn over and add in the minced garlic.
Don’t worry if the chicken is not cooked through yet because there are a few more minutes of cooking time with the veg coming up.
About 30 seconds after adding the garlic, you can mix in the vegetables followed by the sauce. At this point, you’re only 2-3 minutes away from serving.
When it’s done, the vegetables should have a bright color and the chicken will look a bit darker from the sauce.
Watch How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken:
15 Minute Easy Honey Garlic Chicken (With Video)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper or carrots sliced into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium recommended
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- steamed rice optional, for serving
- Start cooking rice if desired.
- Place a large skillet on high heat. Once hot, add in the oil followed by the cubed chicken.
- Stir slowly using a wooden spoon for 3-5 minutes until starting to brown (the chicken does not need to be cooked through yet)
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add the garlic, bell pepper and broccoli.
- Stir for 3-4 minutes until vegetables are just starting to soften.
- Stir in the the chicken broth, honey and soy sauce, then finally the cornstarch-water mixture.
- Stir for one more minute until the sauce has thickened and is sticking to the chicken. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more easy chicken recipes?
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Lemon Chicken Meal Prep
- Chicken Marsala
- Teriyaki Chicken
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken With Potatoes and Green Beans
Click here for more easy dinner ideas
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here