Steak Fajitas Foil Packets
These Steak Fajitas Foil Packets are an easy dinner idea you can bake or grill with only 10 minutes of prep with almost no cleanup. Perfect for a mouthwatering weeknight dinner, a make-ahead camping meal or entertaining. Plus video tutorial!
Steak Fajitas Foil Packets are great if you love Steak Fajitas, but don’t want to be slaving away over a hot cast iron skillet. They were a natural evolution following our popular Shrimp Boil in Foil Packets and Fajita Chicken Foil Packets recipes.
These foil packs are fun and versatile enough to bake in the oven or grill on the bbq. If you’re going camping, this recipe make a delicious campfire meal you can make ahead of time. You can either use store bought fajita seasoning or make your own homemade fajita seasoning.
All you need to make them is some flour tortillas, sliced top sirloin or beef tenderloin, onion, bell pepper, some fajita seasoning, salt, pepper and olive oil.
We like to place the packets on a baking sheet to prevent the foil packet getting punctured, causing juices to leak. Silicone-coated tongs like these ones are helpful for moving around hot packets too.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE STEAK FAJITAS FOIL PACKETS:
Steak Fajitas in Foil Packets (with Video)
- 1 lb top sirloin or beef tenderloin, sliced into 1/2" strips
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper , seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 inch flour tortillas, 6-inch size
Serving - optional
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- sour cream
- Preheat your oven or grill to 400°F. Set aside 6 pieces of foil approximately 12x12 inches, along with a baking sheet.
- Place each piece of foil on a work surface, shiny side facing up.
- In the middle of each foil piece, place about 1/6 each of the sliced onions, bell peppers, beef, fajita seasoning, salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Fold up the packet into a package, taking care not to puncture the foil on the bottom, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake or grill for 20-25 minutes. Add tortillas on top for the final few minutes to heat.
- Open foil packets and garnish with optional cilantro and sour cream. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Looking for more fajita recipes?
- The Best Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Easy Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 15 Minute Chicken Fajitas Stir Fry
Looking for more foil packet recipes?
Editor note: Published Nov 29, 2017 and post updated Jul 14, 2018
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.