Fajita Chicken Foil Packets
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Fajita Chicken Foil Packets are the best of both worlds: fajitas and chicken bundled together in foil packets for a quick 20-minute meal with no mess or cleanup that the entire family will love, picky eaters included! Plus video tutorial!
There’s something magical about opening up a foil packet with delicious things inside. It’s almost like receiving a gift! If you haven’t tried foil pack cooking yet, ease into it with these amazing chicken foil packets.
We received many requests for chicken foil packets from you guys after our popular Shrimp Boil Foil Packets and Steak Fajitas Foil Packets recipe. Here is an easy chicken foil packs recipe to make your mouth water. And these foil packets are amazing grilled for a backyard bbq too!
How to Make Fajita Chicken Foil Packets
Chicken foil packets are as simple as slicing up some onions, bell peppers and chicken breasts. You can use homemade fajita seasoning, mix the spices together yourself (it’s quick) or simply buy premixed at the store. Some fresh cilantro, avocado and sour cream will finish it off.
To save a few minutes of prep time, you can buy pre-sliced chicken strips from the supermarket or ask your meat counter cut it up for you while you shop. You can sometimes even find pre-sliced bell peppers too.
Then load some chicken, bell peppers, onions, seasoning and a drizzle of oil onto a 12 inch x 12 inch piece of foil, shiny side up like this:
Then fold in the edges to make a square packet that’s about 6 inches square in size. Avoid puncturing or tearing the foil, which can cause the yummy juices to leak out during cooking.
They only need about 15 minutes of baking or grilling at 400°F and then voilà! You have a delicious meal for six ready to go. Serve them on flour or corn tortillas garnished with cilantro, sour cream and even avocado to make a complete meal. You can find more details about how long to bake chicken here.
These Chicken Fajita Foil Packets are great for leftover, and they can last 3-4 days in the fridge if stored properly.
Chicken Fajita Foil Packets (with Video)
- 1 lb boneless skiness chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2" long strips
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper , seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 inch flour tortillas, 6-inch size
Serving - optional
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- sour cream
- Preheat your oven or grill to 400°F. Set aside a baking sheet along with 6 pieces of foil about 12 inches x 12 inches each.
- Place each piece of foil on a work surface, shiny side facing up.
- In the middle of each foil piece, place about 1/6 each of the sliced onions, bell peppers, chicken, fajita seasoning, salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Fold up the packet into a package, taking care not to puncture the foil on the bottom, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake or grill for 15-20 minutes. Add tortillas for the final few minutes to heat.
- Open foil packets and garnish with optional cilantro and sour cream. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Looking for more another fajita recipe?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.