This Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken is a simple and easy stir-fry where the tender chicken is coated with the delicious sticky honey garlic sauce. It’ll be on your dinner table in 15 minutes.
Sweet and garlicky, with a hint of savory, this Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken is one of my favorite stir-fry chicken meals, together with Teriyaki Chicken, General Tso’s Chicken, Moo Goo Gai Pan, Chicken Pad Thai and Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry.
How to Make Honey Garlic Sauce
Honey Garlic Sauce takes minutes to prepare and is one of the most flavorful sauces out there. It is sweet, savory, garlicky and sticky, and is my go-to sauces for busy nights. You can use it on chicken, shrimp, salmon, lo mein and even just vegetables.
If you want to prepare the sauce ahead of the time, you can mix chicken broth, honey, garlic, soy sauce, and cornstarch-water mixture. Store in the fridge, and stir it before use.
How to Get the Right Chicken for Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken
This recipe works best with chicken thighs as the dark meat has more flavor and less likely to dry out. Chicken breasts can be used but make sure to reduce the cooking time accordingly depending on the size.
Tips and Secrets for Making the Best Garlic Butter Shrimp
- The key to these tender, juicy and flavorful chicken is not to overcook them. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and they’ll cook quickly and evenly.
- Use chicken thighs if possible as they have more flavor and are moister.
How to Serve Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken
- You can serve it with rice or pasta to make an easy weeknight meal.
- Serve with brown rice for a healthier meal.
- Add it to salad or wrap it with flour tortilla.
- Mix them with cooked noodles for Garlic Chicken Lo Mein.
Ingredients for Making Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken
- Vegetable oil
- Chicken thighs: this recipe works better with chicken thighs, and make sure to cut them into small cubes
- Garlic cloves
- Bell pepper: I used red bell pepper as it gives the dish a nice a bright look, but you can use yellow or green pepper. You can also use carrots as well.
- Broccoli: I cut them into small florets and they cook quickly.
- Chicken broth
- Soy sauce: I use low sodium and my favorite brand is Kikkoman
- Salt and pepper
- Rice: I served my dish over rice, but it works great with pasta too.
Equipment To Make Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken
Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken
This Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken is a delicious stir-fry with tender chicken in a delicious sticky honey garlic sauce. It’s a quick and easy option for busy weeknight dinners and comes together in just 15 minutes.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper or carrots sliced into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium recommended
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large skillet on high heat. Once hot, add in the oil followed by the cubed chicken.
- Stir slowly using a wooden spoon for 3-5 minutes until starting to brown (the chicken does not need to be cooked through yet)
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add the garlic, bell pepper and broccoli.
- Stir for 3-4 minutes until vegetables are just starting to soften.
- Stir in the the chicken broth, honey and soy sauce, then finally the cornstarch-water mixture.
- Stir for one more minute until the sauce has thickened and is sticking to the chicken. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for More Delicious Chicken Recipes?
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Tender and Juicy Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans
- Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Lemon Chicken
- Bourbon Chicken
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Noodle Soup
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here