Nutella Oreo Puffs
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Oreo Puffs have a cookie sandwich stuffed with Nutella wrapped in puff pastry. Baked to golden perfection, these treats are perfect for pack lunches, parties and afternoon tea. Ready in just 30 minutes using 3 ingredients!
These treats combine the two favorites in one: cookies and pastry, er… I mean Nutella and Oreo cookies. You can’t actually tell there’s a cookie sandwich inside until you bite into one.
They’re perfect for coffee breaks, afternoon tea, midnight snacks… and of course parties and potlucks. They’re great on their own and go amazingly well with ice cream!
For more recipes with oreos, be sure to check out our Oreo Balls, Mini Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes and Oreo Stuffed Cookies. If you want more ideas for baking with Nutella, more try our Nutella Pull Apart Pie, Nutella Donuts, and Braided Nutella Bread too.
Ingredients for Oreo Puffs
Here’s what you’ll need to make them (3 ingredients + one optional!):
- Pie dough: I used a Pillsbury for this recipe, but it works well with homemade pie crust if you prefer.
- Oreo cookies: I recommend using regular Oreos instead of a flavored cookie unless you want to be really adventurous!
- Nutella: Any chocolate hazelnut spread will work here.
- Beaten egg (optional): Brushing the pastry with beaten egg will make it shinier, but this is an optional step.
How to Make Oreo Puffs
To make them, start by removing the top wafers from the oreo cookies. Using a knife, spread a layer of Nutella on top of the oreo cream and then put the wafer back on.
Next, lay the pie dough on a work surface. Then place the stuffed oreos on top about an inch apart. Using a round cookie cutter or a water glass, cut out circles of pastry beneath the oreos.
Last but not least, you want to cut out additional circles from a second pie dough to cover the oreos. Crimp the edges together using the tines of a fork. Now brush with optional egg and bake for 15 minutes at 400°F until puffy and golden.
Watch Recipe Video
The video tutorial shows how to make these oreo puffs from start to finish:
More recipes with oreos:
View all oreo recipes
Oreo Puffs with Nutella
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, I used Pillsbury
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Gently twist the tops off an oreo cookie and spread a teaspoon of Nutella onto the cream before pressing the top back on. Repeat for each oreo.
- On a work surface, unroll one pie crust. Place the stuffed Oreos an inch apart on the pie crust. Unroll the second pie crust on top to cover.
- Using a round cookie cutter or water glass, cut out puffs from pie crusts. Use a fork to crimp the edges together. Then brush with optional beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and puffy. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.