Baked Nutella Crescent Twisted Donuts
Two of our favorite foods are the chocolate hazelnut spread Nutella and twisted donuts. So we knew it was only a matter of time before we combined them in the same recipe.
We made them out of crescent roll or croissant dough for fun, and then twisted them up for a French cruller look. Even though they have a fancy look, they’re actually really easy to make.
Because they’re baked instead of deep fried, they’re healthier too. This is one of our favorite crescent roll recipes along with our Nutella Banana Crescent Ring of course.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Easy Nutella Crescent Twisted Donuts Bake (with Video)
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls, 4 oz
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Set aside a sheet pan and line with cooking parchment paper.
- Unroll crescent rolls. Take 1 roll and pinch seams together to form one long rectangle.
- Spread 1 Tbsp Nutella evenly over dough to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Roll up dough starting at longest side; pinch to seal.
- Place seam side down and use sharp knife to slice dough lengthwise to form 2 halves.
- Pinch the top of the 2 halves together, and then twist halves together with cut sides of dough facing up. Shape into circle; gently pinch ends together.
- Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out our Nutella Banana Crescent Ring recipe too:
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.