Football Brownie Taco Boats
Football season is heating up with the Big Game less than a month away! At TipBuzz we love tailgating and are always looking to create new recipes… so we came up with these fun Football Brownie Taco Boats using Old El Paso Mini Soft Taco Boats.
There are several things to consider when preparing to do some football entertaining. You’ll need enough quantity, as fans get hungry as the game heats up. Also plan on a variety of dishes, since people all seem to have different tastes. Finally, make sure you have lots of finger foods that are easy to eat.
As you can see, Football Brownie Taco Boats are just right for any football menu, it is as fun as our most popular Oreo Cookie Brownies! They are versatile enough to make a day ahead and they are portable to boot. If you need them in a hurry, they take less than 30 minutes to prepare. You can eat them with your fingers and they’re easy to make. We always get lots of compliments, as hungry fans just love them!
The Mini Soft Taco Boats are the key to getting the oval shape that creates the football look. The brown color and white icing provide the finishing touches. Yum!
How does the taste compare to traditional brownies? Well, they are definitely easier to pack and take to the game. The crust has a nice flaky texture, like eating brownies in pastry. So two thumbs up!
One package of Mini Softs is enough for 12 brownies. We generally find ourselves feeding a crowd, and count on two per person, so use 2-3 packages to make enough. If you have a large baking sheet, you can fit 30-40 boats in one go.
We bought our Taco Boats at Walmart. In addition to the Mini Softs for this recipe, we can always find a great selection of other Old El Paso products. The larger taco boats and tortillas are especially handy for other football-themed recipes like nachos, guacamole and salad boats. Enjoy!
Watch this quick video tutorial to see how to make them:
Brownie Taco Boats
- 1 5-oz package Mini Soft Taco Boats from Old El Paso
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- white icing for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Set aside a medium baking sheet.
- Place the tacos boats onto baking sheet. Bake for 5-8 minutes to firm up the taco boats.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Mix together with a spatula until combined.
- Fill the boats 2/3 full with brownie batter. Bake 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool at least 5 minutes. Decorate as footballs using white icing. Serve and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Old El Paso, but all content and opinions expressed here are those of TipBuzz.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.