Brownie Taco Boats
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Old El Paso.
Brownie Taco Boats are homemade brownies baked in mini flour tortilla shells. These delicious treats are crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle. Perfect for Game Day, Cinco de Mayo, potlucks and parties!
These adorable taco boats are a popular Game Day desserts along with Apple Pie Tacos and Slutty Brownies. However, you can really serve them for any occasion including Halloween and the holidays. Add some whipped cream and sprinkles to dress them up as you like!
They’re simple to prepare, and you can even make them a day ahead of time. Plus, there’s no brownie pan so clean-up is a breeze. As they’re bite-size, they’re super-portable and so much fun to eat!
How to Make Taco Boats
This is a simple brownie recipe wrapped up in Old El Paso Mini Soft Taco Boats, which are just the right size for portability. The first step is to bake the taco shells in the oven for 5-8 minutes so they firm up.
While they’re baking, you can whip up the brownie batter. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then add the eggs, oil and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
Remove the taco boats from the oven and spoon in the brownie batter until 2/3 full. Bake 15-18 minutes until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Let the taco boats cool completely before adding decorations such as icing or whipped cream. They’re also delicious as is warm out of the oven!
Watch Recipe Video:
This short video tutorial shows you how to make these taco boats:
More taco recipes:
View all Game Day Recipes
Brownie Taco Boats (with Video)
- 5 oz Mini Soft Taco Boats, 1 package
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- white icing for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the tacos boats on a baking sheet. Then bake for 5-8 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile, make the brownie batter. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the brownie batter into the taco boats until 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the middle of a boat comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Serve warm as is or cool several minutes more to decorate with icing.
- Make Ahead: You can make these one day ahead of time and store in an airtight container at room temperature. They also freeze well for up to 3 months.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.