Mango Salad with Peanut Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Mango Salad is a quick summer salad recipe that’s always a hit! Fresh mango, carrots, red bell pepper and red onions are tossed in a rich and creamy peanut dressing and topped with crushed peanuts. It only takes 15 minutes to make this refreshing salad.
Mango salad with peanut dressing is a Thai salad that’s loaded with fresh summer flavors and offers lots of different textures. The base for this salad is mango, bell pepper, carrots, cilantro, and red onions. Then homemade Thai peanut dressing is drizzled on top!
Mango salad makes a delicious lunch idea on its own, and it can also be a side dish for mains like Chicken Pad Thai or Shrimp Pad Thai! You can easily make it ahead of time and will still get rave reviews every time.
SELECTING THE RIGHT MANGO
Ideally, you want to purchase underripe mangos, meaning still hard on the outside and tart on the inside. They’re often called “green mangos” in Thailand although they need not be green on the outside.
Try to use large mangos when available, as there’s less peeling required per cup of flesh.
The homemade peanut dressing is rich and creamy with a sweet and tangy finish. Totally addictive! It takes just a few minutes to prepare and will brighten things up to help refresh the palate.
It’s a simple combination of peanut butter, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, lime juice and oil. Just combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl, and whisk until combined.
HOW TO MAKE THAI MANGO SALAD
This mango salad recipe is as simple as tossing everything together in a large salad bowl once the rest of your meal is ready! l make my peanut dressing in advance and store in the fridge. Homemade Thai peanut dressing can last up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container!
While the rest of the meal is cooking, wash and cut your mango and vegetables. I like to cut my mango into thin matchsticks for an authentic Thai presentation, but you can also cut them into bite-size pieces.
Use a sharp and slim knife to slice off the sides around the seeds. Scoop the flesh out of the skin and cut them into thin matchsticks.
Combine all of the salad ingredients into a large salad bowl and toss. Add the peanut dressing and toss again until everything is coated!
Note that mango salad doesn’t last well in the fridge once coated with dressing. If you want to make it in advance, keep your toppings and dressing separate until you’re ready to serve.
Mango Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 3 large mangos, underripe
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, lime juice and oil.
- Whisk until combined, seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
- If too thick, add water to thin out the dressing if needed.
- Cut mango, bell pepper and carrots into thin matchsticks. Cut red onion into thin slices.
- In a large salad bowl, mix mango, bell pepper, carrots, red onion and cilantro leaves. Mix gently using a wooden spoon.
- Top with chopped peanuts and green onions. Serve and enjoy!
- If you make your peanut dressing in advance, store it in the fridge.
- You can customize your dressing by adding more honey or lime juice to taste.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.