Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Stir Fried Chicken and Broccoli combines juicy chicken and tender broccoli for a simple meal that’s ready in just 15 minutes! It’s a quick and easy dinner idea that will make your mouth water.
You can serve this chicken broccoli stir fry by itself or in rice bowls, and it also pairs well with noodles, mashed potatoes and even quinoa. It’s a kid-friendly meal too.
How to Make Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
This chicken stir fry is easy to make with ingredients on hand in your fridge and pantry:
- Chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- Soy sauce
To save time, ask your meat counter to cut the chicken into 1 1/2-inch pieces for you, and to buy broccoli that’s pre-cut into florets. Then you’re really down to minimal prep time!
Tips and Secrets for Making Chicken and Broccoli
- Use chicken thighs for the most flavorful and juicy chicken. Chicken breasts will work as well, although they’re easier to overcook and dry out.
- Ask your meat counter to cut the chicken up for you to save preparation time.
- Use low-sodium soy sauce to allow you to easily control the saltiness of this dish.
Make Ahead Tip
You can store chicken and broccoli in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Read our article on how long does cooked chicken last for more tips.
Reheat for 3-5 minutes in the microwave, or 5-10 minutes on the stove over medium heat. Chicken and broccoli also makes excellent meal prep with some rice!
15 Minute Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, or water
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, low sodium recommended
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch
Serving garnishes - optional
- green onion, minced
- sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, ketchup, honey and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tbsp oil followed by the chicken pieces.
- Fry the chicken pieces for 2 minutes until golden on one side. Flip the pieces to allow the other side to brown, about 2 minutes more.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 minutes until fragrant, and then add the broccoli and chicken broth.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 3 minutes until bright green and barely softened.
- Remove the lid and add the reserved sauce to the pan.
- Simmer for a minute until the sauce is thick enough to just coat the chicken.
- Remove from heat, garnish with optional green onions. Serve and enjoy!
Equipment for Making Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
More chicken stir fry recipes:
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.