Slow Cooker Pork Chops
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Pork Chops are tender, juicy and smothered in a mouthwatering gravy! This budget-friendly dinner is so satisfying, plus it’s easy to make with pantry ingredients. You only need 10 minutes of prep for crock pot pork chops everyone will love!
These easy crock pot pork chops will become one of your favorite slow cooker recipes. Even picky eaters will love all the delicious flavors. The best part? It’s both keto and paleo.
The secret to getting juicy pork chops is lots of seasoning to tenderize the meat while it cooks. Serve them with veggies such as mashed potatoes or broccoli along with a green salad for a complete meal.
A 6-quart crock pot will accommodate 6-8 pork chops depending on size, and you can easily cook them in layers. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
WHICH PORK CHOP CUT SHOULD I USE?
You can cook almost any pork chops in the crock pot using this recipe. Here are some popular options:
- Slow Cooker Boneless Pork Chops: Boneless rib chops or pork loin chops are all great choices.
- Slow Cooker Bone In Pork Chops: Rib chops, T-bone chops and bone in sirloin chops all work well. Just avoid shoulder chops (or blade chops), which have a grainy texture.
Use the long end of the time range for bone in pork chops, as they require slightly more time to cook through. Thick pork chops will turn out juicier, but use whatever you like.
More pork chop recipes:
View all pork chop recipes
CAN I MAKE FROZEN PORK CHOPS IN CROCK POT?
No, the USDA states that it’s not safe to cook frozen meat in the slow cooker. Thaw the pork chops before use.
Crockpot Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops, boneless or bone-in, about 1 1/2 lb (0.7 kg)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, or 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium recommended
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth, or beef broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp water (optional)
- Optional: Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and pork chops, and then fry 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
- Remove pork chops to the crock pot.
- Add garlic, soy sauce, honey and broth to the skillet. Swirl around to pick up any brown bits and juices and empty into the crock pot.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or until tender. Then remove pork chops to serving plates.
- Optional Gravy: Turn temperature to High. Whisk the cornstarch-water mixture into to the crock pot. Boil for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Top the pork chops with the gravy and serve with potatoes, rice or noodles.
- Thick pork chops are recommended.
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Potatoes: Add baby potatoes to cook as a top layer to make crock pot pork chops and potatoes. Serve whole or make mashed potatoes.
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Rice: Rice is perfect for soaking up delicious juices from the sauce. Cook it separately (here’s a quick microwave rice recipe) and serve as a side.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
VARIATIONS ON PORK CHOP CROCK POT RECIPES
This versatile pork chop recipe has some mouthwatering variations:
- Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops: Add 1 cup each of sliced onions and mushrooms to the slow cooker. Thicken the sauce into gravy using the cornstarch slurry.
- Crock Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Soup: Substituting a 10 oz can of mushroom soup for the broth.
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops: Substitute BBQ sauce 1:1 for broth.