Freezer-friendly Egg Muffins
Egg Muffins Or Breakfast Muffins With Eggs, Cheese, Ham, Onions, Bell Pepper and Green Onions Cooked Under 30 Minutes – Easy To Make Ahead And Freezer-friendly. These Breakfast Egg Muffins Are Delicious And Nutritious Making Everyone Smile!
Breakfast Muffins, just like mini frittatas, are a perfect grab-and-go breakfast that’s full of flavor and packed with protein.They’re great for busy weekday mornings as well as breakfast or brunch on the weekend. Best of all, I usually have the ingredients on-hand.
These Egg Muffins are totally customizable to your taste. But there are two secret ingredients that are essential in this recipe: CHEESE and GREEN ONIONS. Other than that, you can add your favorite vegetables, sausage, bacon or leftover meat. They’re one of my favorite breakfast recipes along with Breakfast Pizza, Croissant Breakfast Boats, Granola Breakfast Pizza, Frittata and Cheesy Breakfast Sliders.
HOW TO MAKE EGG MUFFINS
Preheat oven to 375°F, and spray a 12 muffin pan with non-stick oil spray. In each muffin tin, add diced ham, vegetables, green onions and cheese. Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full and leave some room for egg mixture. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs, milk and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix until well combined.
Add in the egg mixture and fill each muffin tin 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let them cool for a few minutes and then run a butter knife around the edges of each muffin to loosen it. Remove them from the muffin tin.
HOW TO SERVE EGG MUFFINS
I love to serve these Egg Muffins with toast, English muffins or oatmeal. You can also add fruit and chopped tomatoes as sides.
SECRETS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING PERFECT EGG MUFFINS
- If you plan to freeze your egg muffins, it’s better to use cream instead of milk.
- It’s important to grease your muffin tin properly before use, otherwise, the muffins will stick to the muffin pan and be difficult to remove. Parchment paper cupcake cups also work well to prevent sticking.
- When adding the egg mixture to the muffin tin, fill each tin ¾ full as the muffins will rise as they cook.
- After your egg muffins are baked, make sure to allow them to cool for a few minutes before you remove them.
HOW TO STORE BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS IN REFRIGERATOR
Let your egg muffins cool down and place them in airtight containers and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, place them on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for about one minute.
HOW TO FREEZE BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS
Let your egg muffins cool down completely and wrap them in plastic wrap individually. Then place them in a freezer zip-lock bag. They will last for up to 3 months when stored properly.
To reheat, unwrap the frozen egg muffins and wrap them in a wet paper towel. Place them on a microwave-safe plate and defrost for 2-3 minutes until hot.
EGG MUFFINS VARIATIONS
Bacon Egg and Cheese Egg Muffins: If you’re a bacon-lover, you can replace the ham with bacon. You will need to cook the bacon first, and cut them into small pieces.
Sausage Egg Muffins: Replace ham with your favorite cooked sausage.
Vegetable Egg Muffins: Omit meat and add more vegetables.
Low-Carb Egg Muffins: Use egg white instead for a low-carb version of egg muffins.
BEST VEGETABLES FOR EGG MUFFINS:
Other vegetables that work well with this recipe include the following:
- frozen peas
- cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- cooked zucchini
- cooked eggplant
Freezer-friendly Egg Muffins
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup ham, cooked
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup milk, or half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and set aside a 12 muffin pan with non-stick oil spray.
- Dice ham, red bell pepper, onion, and green onions. Add them in each muffin tin, about 2/3 full.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs, milk and season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the egg mixture and fill each muffin tin 3/4 full. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and then run a butter knife around the edges of each muffin to loosen it.
- Remove them from the muffin tin. Serve warm and enjoy!
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.