Have you ever wondered why we don’t eat pizza more often for breakfast? We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not? If you like our Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Pizza, you will definitely like this recipe. One taste of this sausage, egg and cheese breakfast pizza and you’ll be convinced!
This recipe is hearty and will give you the perfect energy boost to start your day. And it’s fun to make too…
It comes together in 20 minutes with just a few ingredients. Serve it for breakfast or brunch, and it’s perfect for holiday weekends like Easter, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
How To Make Fun Breakfast Pizza With Sausage, Egg And Cheese
It all starts with a pizza crust from the bakery section of your supermarket. We recommend a 12-inch par-cooked or pre-cooked crust, but get whatever size fits your pizza pan.
Then add the salsa, minced green onions, cooked sausage and cheese on top. The final step before baking is making divots and cracking in four eggs with some salt and pepper. After all it wouldn’t be breakfast without some eggs, right?
And then you bake for 12 minutes just like with regular pizza. The cheese should be golden and bubbly and the eggs solid by then. Garnish with some avocado chunks for a splash of color. Yum!
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make it:
Sausage, Egg And Cheese Breakfast Pizza (with Video)
- 1 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 sausage links
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 green onion minced
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Place pizza crust into a circular pizza pan.
- Set frying pan over medium heat. Remove sausage casings and fry several minutes until browned, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon. Remove excess fat that may have accumulated.
- Spread salsa evenly onto pizza crust. Sprinkle half of minced green onion on top. Add cooked sausage and finally cheese.
- Using a large spoon, make 4 divots in the cheese. Crack an egg into each. Place into the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Meanwhile, peel optional avocado and cut into chunks.
- Remove from oven and garnish with avocado chunks. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more breakfast pizza recipes?
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Pizza
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Pizza
- Granola Breakfast Pizza
- Granola Breakfast Pizza Cups
- Bagel Fruit Breakfast Pizza
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here