Sausage Breakfast Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Start your day with this creamy Sausage Breakfast Pizza! It uses a pre-made crust that’s topped with eggs, Jack cheese and crumbled sausage. Perfect for a weekend brunch and holiday entertaining!
This is one of our favorite recipes for feeding a crowd for brunch, along with Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Pizza of course. It’s creamy and satisfying, and smells incredible coming out of the oven. Plus, you can always eat leftovers for dinner, right?
You can make it in less than 30 minutes! We’ve used Jack cheese, but you can substitute mozzarella or other pizza cheeses as you like.
What is Breakfast Pizza?
A small-town midwestern tradition, breakfast pizza started at Casey’s General Store in Iowa back in the 60s. Sometimes called gas station pizza, the original recipe called for cheese sauce, scrambled eggs and bacon.
Since then, many combinations have popped up including sausage gravy breakfast pizza, a twist on sausage and biscuits where gravy mix is used to make the sauce.
How to Make Sausage Breakfast Pizza
To make it, start with a store-bought pizza crust from the supermarket, with a 12-inch parcooked crust is ideal. Place it into a circular pizza pan.
Next, add the sauce, minced green onions, cooked sausage and cheese on top. The final step before baking is making divots and cracking in four eggs with some salt and pepper.
If you prefer, you can also scramble the eggs first and pour them on top.
And then you bake for 12-15 minutes in a 450°F oven. The cheese should be golden and bubbly and the eggs solid by then.
Let it cool for a minute or two to avoid burns. Then garnish with fresh avocado if you wish and serve warm.
Watch Recipe Video:
The tutorial shows you how to make sausage breakfast pizza from start to finish:
More breakfast ideas:
View all breakfast recipes
Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- 1 pizza crust, 12-14 inch
- 2 sausage links
- 1 cup pizza sauce, or cheese sauce
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, or mozzarella
- 4 eggs
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, optional
- 1 avocado, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place pizza crust into a circular pizza pan.
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Remove sausage casings and fry for several minutes until browned, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon. Discard accumulated fat.
- Spread salsa evenly onto pizza crust. Sprinkle half of minced green onion on top. Add cooked sausage and finally cheese.
- Using a large spoon, make 4 divots in the cheese. Crack an egg into each. Place into the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Meanwhile, peel optional avocado and cut into chunks.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. Garnish with optional avocado before serving.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.