Cheesy Crack Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Cheesy Crack Bread is a mouthwatering appetizer that’s like garlic bread made for easy sharing. This pull apart bread is the perfect appetizer for a party including Game Day!
If you’re wondering where the name crack bread comes from, it has two meanings. The first is the appearance of cracks in the surface with fillings inside. The second refers to how irresistible it is!
The good news? Crack bread is surprisingly easy to make. So let’s get started!
How to Make Crack Bread
All you need is a nice round loaf of bread from the bakery or supermarket. It can be any type you like, although white or whole wheat is a good place to start.
Using a serrated bread knife, you’re doing to slice it into a 1-inch grid about three-quarters of the way down (so it doesn’t fall apart). Next, insert pepperoni slices and cheese into the bread:
The final step is brushing generously all over with olive oil and Italian seasoning. This step is crucial to keeping it moist and flavorful, so don’t scrimp!
Now wrap it in foil and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve it right out of the oven for the best cheese pulls!
Watch Recipe Video
This quick tutorial shows how to make crack bread:
More Party Appetizers:
- Ham and Cheese Bread Loaf
- Two Cheese Bread Bowl
- Pull Apart Pizza Braid
- Pizza Bread
- Pizza Sliders
- Pull Apart Christmas Tree Bread
Crack Bread (Pull Apart Bread)
- 1 large round bread loaf
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- marinara sauce, or ranch or hot sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Set aside a baking sheet.
- Slice a 1-inch grid into your bread about 3/4 deep.
- Slide mozzarella cheese and pepperoni evenly into where you cut.
- Mix 1/2 cup of melted butter together with 2 tsp of Italian seasoning. Brush the outside of the entire bread loaf.
- Wrap loaf in foil and place on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot with marinara dipping sauce and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Check out our 15-minute Greek Pita Pizza for another fun pizza recipe.