Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Pizza Sliders have pepperoni, marinara sauce and cheese sandwiched in dinner rolls and baked to melty perfection. They’re perfect for a party including game day and birthdays!
Pizza sliders are a mouthwatering crowd-pleaser to make for a party, and they’re ready in just 30 minutes! Even better than Arby’s pizza sliders, so skip the takeout! You can even make them ahead of time to freeze for later…
They’re made with dinner rolls stuffed full of meat, cheese and sauce. Then the tops are brushed with melted butter, dusted with parmesan and herbs before being baked in the oven.
Here’s what you’ll need for the sliders:
- Dinner rolls: You’ll need at least one package of 2 dinner rolls. I recommend Hawaiian rolls for extra flavor!
- Sauce: We used marinara sauce, but you can also use pizza sauce.
- Mozzarella: Use slices of full-fat mozzarella cheese if you want to get nice cheese pulls out of the oven. For a healthier option, use part-skim mozzarella.
- Meat: Pepperoni slices are great, but you can get creative and put in sliced ham or other toppings. To make it vegetarian, simply use vegan seitan pepperoni!
To make the topping to brush on top of the rolls:
- Melted butter: or olive oil
- Parmesan: grated parmesan is ideal
- Seasonings: dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder with fresh parsley optional
If you want to add a kick, you can add sliced jalapeño or pepperoncini peppers as well!
How to Make Pizza Sliders
The best part about these sliders is how quickly they come together! Dinner rolls come in a 12-pack and keep them connected for this recipe. Simply slice them in half and place them in a rectangular 9×13 inch pan (they’ll fit in comfortably as one piece).
Spread the marinara sauce across the bottoms followed by the pepperoni and cheese slices. Put the tops on. Then mix the melted butter with the grated parmesan and seasonings in a small bowl. Brush it evenly across the tops to add flavor and then bake for 15 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
Recipe Video: Pizza Sliders
Watch this short video tutorial on how to make pizza sliders:
More sliders recipes:
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders (with Video)
- 1 package dinner rolls, about 20 rolls
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 50 slices pepperoni
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup melted butter, or olive oil
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- fresh parsley, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Set aside a 9x13 inch rectangular baking pan.
- Using a long bread knife, carefully slice the dinner rolls in half lengthwise without pulling the rolls apart. Set aside the tops.
- Place the bottoms in the prepared pan and spread the sauce evenly across.
- Add a layer of mozzarella cheese slices on top of marinara sauce. Then add pepperoni slices followed by the remaining mozzarella slices. Finally, put the dinner roll tops back on.
- In a small-medium bowl, mix the olive oil with the parmesan cheese and spices.
- Brush the dinner roll tops with the olive oil mixture. Then bake for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with optional parsley.
- Recipe yield: 12 sliders - count on 1 slider per person as an appetizers or 2-3 per person as a main.
- Make it vegetarian: Substitute vegan seitan pepperoni.
- Make Ahead: You can make them ahead of time and freeze. Once cool, place in resealable plastic bags to freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat in the oven for 10 minutes.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.