Pepperoni Pizza Braid
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Pizza Braid is stuffed with pepperoni and cheese for a fun twist on traditional pizza. Serve this delicious braided pizza for a light dinner or as an appetizer on Game Day with marinara sauce for dipping!
Combat pizza boredom with this fun pizza braid! It’s part calzone and part stromboli with pepperoni and cheese woven into the dough. Not only is it packed with flavor, but it’s easy to cut into easy portions for a party.
This braided pizza is always popular, whether you’re planning a game day get-together or heading to a potluck. The best part? Ready in 30 minutes!
Pizza Braid Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Pizza dough: I used Pillsbury’s refrigerated pizza dough to save time, but you can make homemade pizza dough if you prefer.
- Mozzarella: You’ll need shredded mozzarella, although I prefer grating my own off a brick instead of buying pre-shredded, which doesn’t melt as nicely. Use full-fat mozzarella for the best cheese pulls!
- Pepperoni slices: These add a nice meaty flavor, although you can make it vegetarian using vegan pepperoni if you like.
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning: This is the standard seasoning, but you can substitute dried oregano if you don’t have any.
- Marinara sauce: Both to brush the dough before baking and for dipping at serving time.
How to Make a Pizza Braid
To make it, start by placing the pizza dough flat on a work surface in a large rectangle. Then cut into six strips about 2 inches wide each. Brush the dough with olive oil and add the seasoning and cheese on top.
Now for the fun part. Press two strips together to form 3 long tubes. Braid the three tubes together, inserting pepperoni slices as you go and pinching the ends to seal. Brush with optional egg wash for a shinier look and then bake for 20 minutes at 400°F until puffy and golden.
Watch Recipe Video
This tutorial shows how to make braided pizza:
More pizza appetizer ideas:
View all pizza recipes
Pepperoni Pizza Braid
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a nonstick baking mat.
- On a work surface, stretch out the pizza dough into a large rectangle, roughly 12x14". Cut the dough widthwise into six strips about 2 inches wide.
- Add olive oil, Italian seasoning and cheese down the middle of each strip. Then use your fingers to bring the edges together, pinching to seal into six long tubes.
- Line up the three tubes side by side. Then weave them together to form a braid, twisting and inserting pepperoni slices in between as you go. Pinch at each end to seal.
- Repeat previous step for the remaining three tubes to make a second braided pizza.
- Place the two pizza braids on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with optional beaten egg for a shinier look if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes in oven until puffy and golden. Then remove to a cutting board for slicing and serving.
- Make Ahead: You an make this pizza braid up to 3 days ahead of time and store in the fridge. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.