When you need a crowd-pleasing appetizer for your next party, look no further than this beautiful Two Cheese Bread Bowl Dip! It features melty camembert and cheddar cheeses with homemade crispy dipping sticks.
Serve this up anytime you’re entertaining and it’ll be the first to go. Once you’ve finished the dipping sticks, you can even break pieces off the loaf or simply use some carrot and celery sticks.
To make it, all you need is a large enough bread loaf, two cheeses you like best, some olive oil and seasonings. It only takes 5-10 minutes to prepare before it goes into the oven.
You can substitute other cheeses if you prefer. Mozzarella, havarti, jack and mini brie all work well. Just make sure they’re small enough to fit into a bread loaf or can be easily cut down.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make it:
Easy Two Cheese Bread Bowl (With Video)
- 1 rectangular bread loaf
- 1 camembert cheese
- 1 lb block cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs parsley or other
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Set aside a medium baking sheet.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a round well into the bread loaf to the size of the camembert cheese. Cut a well to the size of the cheddar cheese.
- Take the two bread cutouts and slice into dipping size sticks. Set aside.
- Place two cheeses into the wells. Place loaf onto baking sheet with dipping pieces around.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, Italian seasoning and minced fresh herbs. Lightly brush entire loaf and cutout pieces.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Check out our Football Cheese Bread Dip for a bread bowl dip idea for game day: