Polka Dot Chocolate Pudding
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Chocolate Pudding with polka dot marshmallows is a no-bake dessert that’s easy and fun to make with just 3 ingredients! All you need is chocolate, cream and marshmallows. Perfect for Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day as well as birthdays and parties.
We’ve been wanting to dress up chocolate pudding for awhile. Following our Strawberry Chocolate Mousse and Chocolate Covered Strawberry Hearts, we decided to add polka dot marshmallows and garnish with berries for a gorgeous presentation.
It’s an elegant make-ahead dessert to serve at a dinner party, but it’s also just a fun homestyle dessert to make with kids and bring to a potluck. You decide how to serve it!
HOW TO MAKE POLKA DOT CHOCOLATE PUDDING
Nobody will guess you only used 3 ingredients to make this luscious dessert. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Heavy cream (whipping cream)
- Semisweet baking chocolate
- Mini marshmallows
- Stemless wine glasses
Plan on about 40 minutes to make it including chilling time. You can also make it a day ahead of time and store ready to serve in stemless wine glasses!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE POLKA DOT CHOCOLATE PUDDING:
Polka Dot Chocolate Pudding (with Video)
Serving - optional
- strawberries, or raspberries
- powdered sugar
- Cut 10-20 mini marshmallows into halves.
- Press the sticky sides against the inside of serving glasses in a polka dot pattern.
- Place a saucepan on medium heat and add the cream and remaining marshmallows.
- Heat until the marshmallows melt, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add the chocolate.
- Stir until smooth and spoon into serving glasses.
- Chill for 20 minutes to thicken
- Top with fresh berries for serving and dust with powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
More chocolate desserts:
Editor note: Originally published Feb 16, 2017 and updated Mar 25, 2019.