Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls are homemade bite-size treats that are perfect for any special occasion. You can make these heart cinnamon rolls with just 3 ingredients. They’re always a hit!
We love to make these heart cinnamon rolls for any special occasion, whether it’s Christmas, Mother’s Day, Easter or Valentine’s. The swirl pattern is so attractive and creates a positive vibe for any party or get-together.
The best part? They’re ready in less than 30 minutes and you can also make them ahead of time. It also makes a fun craft activity to do with kids.
How to Make Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
You’ll need the following ingredients to make heart cinnamon rolls:
- Pizza dough: I used Pillsbury’s regular refrigerated pizza crust, although you can also make homemade pizza dough if you wish.
- Cinnamon sugar: You can either use storebought cinnamon sugar or combine granulated sugar with ground cinnamon yourself.
- Dipping sauce (optional): It’s fun to dip these in maple syrup or caramel sauce, especially when you’re entertaining.
To make them, you’ll need to unroll the dough into a large rectangle on a floured work surface. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly across the top. Then roll it up the long edge halfway, and repeat from the other long edge. The two rolls will now be touching.
The last step for preparation is to slice widthwise into 1-inch wide pieces using a sharp knife. You should get at least 16 heart shaped cinnamon rolls:
Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes until they’re golden and puffy. Once they’ve cooled in the pan for 10 minutes, they’re ready to serve.
More cinnamon roll recipes:
View all cinnamon roll recipes
Watch Video – Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls:
Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 14-oz can refrigerated pizza dough, or homemade pizza dough
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- maple syrup, or caramel sauce, for dipping (optional)
- Preheat over to 400°F (204°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Unroll the pizza dough into a rectangle on a work surface. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly across.
- Using your fingertips, roll up the long edge halfway, and repeat on the second long edge. The two rolls should now be touching.
- Using a sharp knife, cut roll into 1-inch segments. Place them face-up on the baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with optional dipping sauce.
- Storage: Heart shaped cinnamon rolls can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.