OMG these Ice Cube Tray Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites are the best bite-size treats! And they’re so easy to make using an ice cube tray.
Apart from being super yummy, these bites of goodness are so versatile as take-along treats on-the-go for picnics and school snacks. They’re also perfect for parties, and they look fabulous on a dessert buffet. And last but not least, give them away as gifts for special occasions like Mother’s Day or holidays.
Start by coating your ice cube tray with some melted semisweet or milk chocolate….
Then freeze it for a few minutes to harden. And in the meantime make your cookie dough. And it’s an edible cookie dough, meaning there are no eggs and the flour is heated treated for a few minutes in the oven.
Cookie dough goes into each ice cube cavity and is then covered with more melted chocolate to seal in all the flavors. Done! Just let them chill again before serving. Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them from start to finish:
Ice Cube Tray Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough (Video!)
- 10 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Set aside a baking sheet. Place chocolate in a medium bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Take an ice cube tray, and brush the inside of each cavity with chocolate. Freeze 5 minutes; meanwhile, prepare filling.
- Pour flour on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Then add to a medium bowl along with brown sugar, butter and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Fill each ice cube with cookie dough mixture and add melted chocolate on top to cover.
- Chill for 1 hour to set. Remove from fridge and invert to unmold. (you may need to rap the tray on the surface or twist slightly). Serve and enjoy!
Try our Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites for another ice cube tray recipe: