Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites
Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites are delicious morsels of edible cookie dough covered in melted chocolate and made in an ice cube tray! Only 15 minutes of prep for these easy make-ahead treats, perfect for a party or potluck. Plus video tutorial!
Sometimes the best desserts are bite-size, as in small is beautiful, right? Following on the heels of our Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites, these treats consist of a homemade interior covered generously in melted chocolate.
We’ve put them out for everything from backyard BBQs to holiday parties, and they’re always a hit! One reader even made them for a friend’s wedding buffet and they disappeared within minutes.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED COOKIE DOUGH BITES
You should have most if not all of the ingredients for this recipe already in your pantry:
- Semisweet chocolate: baking chocolate is best
- All-purpose flour
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips: semisweet or milk chocolate, or even white chocolate will work
Start with a standard sized ice cube tray, ideally with rounded corners for easy unmolding. Melt the semisweet chocolate in a medium bowl in the microwave.
Then brush or drizzle the melted chocolate into the ice cube tray cavities. It can be helpful to lift and swirl the tray with your hands to help distribute the chocolate evenly:
Then place the tray in the freezer for a good 5 minutes to harden before continuing to the next step. In the meantime, you can make the cookie dough filling.
Since these cookie dough bites have an edible filling, that means there are no eggs and the flour has to be heat treated for several minutes in the oven to eliminate any bacteria present.
Cookie dough goes into each ice cube cavity and is then covered with more melted chocolate to seal in all the flavors. Done! Just let them chill again before unmolding and serving.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED COOKIE DOUGH BITES:
Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites (with Video)
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semisweet or milk
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Set aside a baking sheet.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl and microwave on medium power in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Take an ice cube tray (see notes) and brush the inside of each cavity with chocolate.
- Place ice cube tray in freezer for at least 5 minutes; meanwhile, start preparing the cookie dough filling.
- Pour flour on prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes to heat treat. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To a medium bowl, add flour along with brown sugar, butter and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Add milk and vanilla and mix again until incorporated.
- Remove ice cube tray from freezer. Fill each ice cube with cookie dough mixture and add melted chocolate on top to cover.
- Chill for 1 hour to set.
- Remove from fridge and invert on a work surface.
- Wait 10 minutes for the cookie dough bites to drop out as the tray warms slightly. If needed, tap the tray several times to loosen. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Looking for more bite size desserts?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.