Chicken Avocado Roll Ups
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Chicken Avocado Roll Ups are creamy and delicious, made with grilled or leftover chicken, avocado, bell pepper and cheese. This healthy lunch idea also makes a fabulous party appetizer. Ready in just 20 minutes!
Once you get the hang of making chicken avocado roll ups, they’ll definitely become part of your rotation. We always love how they’re healthy, colorful and full of creamy flavors. Plus, there’s only 126 calories per serving (3 pieces).
You can make them for casual lunches, parties, potlucks, picnics or just about any occasion in fact! There’s no need to stand on ceremony. Some people call them pinwheels for their spiral pattern, so you know they’ll be appreciated by kids and adults alike!
How to Make Chicken Avocado Roll Ups
Start by combining the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl: shredded chicken (breast or thigh meat), avocado, red onion, bell pepper, green onion, shredded cheese, minced parsley, lime juice and garlic powder. Then mix together, mashing the avocado as you go.
Next, place an 8-10 inch flour tortilla on a work surface (use any type of flour tortilla you like including whole wheat). Spread a 1/2-inch thick layer of filling evenly across the tortilla using a spoon or offset spatula.
Using your fingertips, roll up the tortilla as tightly as you can and then slice into 1 1/2-inch wide pieces. Repeat the process for the rest of the filling and remaining tortillas. You should get about 24 pieces in total to serve 8 people.
You can serve them right away or refrigerate for up to 4 hours covered with plastic wrap to prevent discoloration.
Watch Recipe Video
This quick tutorial will show you how to make chicken avocado roll ups:
More sandwich ideas:
View all sandwich and wraps
Chicken Avocado Roll Ups
- 2 cups shredded chicken, leftover chicken works well
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese, swiss or cheddar
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 flour tortillas, 8 or 10 inch size
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except the tortillas. Stir to mix until blended.
- Place tortillas on a work surface.
- Spread a 1/2 inch layer of chicken avocado mixture on top of a tortilla.
- Roll up the tortilla holding it together tightly with your fingertips. Then slice the roll into 1-inch pieces with a sharp knife.
- Repeat for remaining tortillas. Chill until serving.
- Make Ahead: You can eat them right away or chill covered with plastic wrap for up to 4 hours. Any longer than that and the avocado will start to discolor.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.