Back-to-school may be looming, but summer’s not over yet either. How about a recipe that’s good for both? These chicken avocado salad roll ups are one of those guaranteed hits that you can make in 15 minutes for casual lunches, picnics, parties and just about any occasion.
And they’re always appreciated because they’re healthy, colorful and full of flavor. They’re sometimes called pinwheels too because of their round shape.
All you need are some simple ingredients and tortillas to make it happen. And they’re actually fun to make, mixing the ingredients in a bowl, spreading onto a tortilla and rolling it up tight. If you have leftover chicken from a feast, this is the perfect way to use it up.
They’re also perfect for making with kids, which is a great way to encourage them to eat their vegetables! To serve them, just slice into one-inch pieces and put them out on a chilled platter for a party. We’ve served them on game day, and everyone loved them as an alternative to the usual guac and chips.
Just remember to keep them refrigerated until serving, since they taste best chilled. Watch this video tutorial to see how to make it:
15 Minute Chicken Avocado Salad Roll-Ups (With Video)
- 2 cups shredded chicken i.e. leftover
- 1 medium avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion minced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese swiss or cheddar
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 flour tortillas 8 or 10 inch size
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except the tortillas. Stir to mix until blended.
- Place tortillas on a work surface.
- Spread a 1/2 inch layer of chicken avocado mixture on top of a tortilla.
- Roll up the tortilla holding it together tightly with your fingertips. Then slice the roll into 1-inch pieces with a sharp knife.
- Repeat for remaining tortillas. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here