Instant Pot Pork Chops
Instant Pot Pork Chops are juicy and full of flavor – these pressure cooker pork chops are perfectly cooked in under 30 minutes from fresh or frozen. This easy instant pot recipe is so delicious and great for busy weeknights.
PRESSURE COOKER PORK CHOPS
The instant pot is a lifesaver when I’m short of time. I can set it to pressure cook and get the delicious and healthy dinners on the table in minutes!
I love both slow cooker and pressure cooker for different reasons. For this recipe, I like the flavor of pork chops better when it’s made in an instant pot as they are perfectly cooked every time and hold their shape for slicing!
HOW TO COOK PORK CHOPS IN INSTANT POT
This is my favorite instant pot pork chop recipes – full of honey garlic flavor and is so easy to make!
Although you can make pork chops in the oven, on the stove or in the slow cooker, cooking pork chops in instant pot is the easiest method!
Mix together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Then place your pork chops into the instant pot, and no, I don’t brown my pork chops beforehand, as searing it first doesn’t make much difference!
Pour the sauce on top of the pork chops and place the lid. Make sure the toggle is in the correct position and then lock the lid. Pressure cook your chops, and then do a quick release when it’s done!
HOW LONG TO COOK PORK CHOPS IN THE INSTANT POT
The cook time depends on the thickness, the types of your chops and if they are fresh or frozen.
For fresh, bone-in or thicker pork chops, cook for 10 minutes. For boneless and thin pork chops, cook for 8 minutes.
Note: The instant pot takes about 10 minutes to come to pressure first. Then it will start counting down the cooking time. It beeps when it finishes cooking, and will take another 10 minutes for natural pressure release. Alternatively, you can do a quick release by turning the steam valve to venting using the handle of a long spoon.
HOW LONG TO COOK FROZEN PORK CHOPS IN THE INSTANT POT
Frozen pork chops need to be cooked for 3-5 minutes more than the fresh chops. Make sure that they are not stuck together when you place them in the pressure cooker.
HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
Honey garlic sauce compliments pork chops so well. The mixture of honey, garlic, chicken stock and soy sauce are cooked together with pork chops in the instant pot, allowing the chops to absorb the amazing flavors.
Once your pork chops are fully cooked, remove to a serving platter. Next, you can make a nice pork gravy with the sauce. You need to turn your instant pot to Sauté mode and add cornstarch and water (1:1 ratio) mixture to the pot. Stir constantly and the sauce will thicken in 2 to 3 minutes.
You can pour the gravy over pork chops, mashed potatoes, rice and your favorite side dishes.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST INSTANT POT PORK CHOP RECIPE
- You can cook your pork chops in the instant pot together with your favorite vegetables such as mushroom, potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Both bone-in and boneless pork chops work well with this recipe. In the picture, you can see that bone-in pork chops are cooked nicely in the pressure cooker, but you can use pork loin too.
- Swap honey garlic sauce for your favorite pork chop sauce such as ranch or bbq sauce. I love instant pot ranch pork chops and instant pot bbq pork chops.
MORE PORK CHOP RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
View all easy Pork Chops recipes
Instant Pot Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops, bone-in,1-inch thick, fresh
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, or water
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch slurry, optional, mixture of cornstarch and water (1:1 ratio)
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, chicken stock and soy sauce.
- In an instant pot, add pork chops and pour sauce mixture on top.
- Seal the lid and turn the steam valve to the sealing position.
- Set to high pressure cook. Set the cooking time to 10 minutes for fresh bone-in pork chops. Adjust the time slightly if you cook boneless or frozen pork chops (see above).
- The instant pot takes about 10 minutes to come to pressure first. Then it will take another 10 minutes to cook.
- When it finishes cooking, it will take 10 more minutes for natural pressure release.
- When the steam has escaped, slowly remove the lid and release any remaining pressure.
- Remove pork chops to a serving platter.
- Mix together ½ tablespoon cornstarch and ½ tablespoon water. Turn the Instant Pot on Sauté mode and add in the mixture.
- Stir constantly and cook for 2-3 minutes until it thickens. Turn off the instant pot.
- Serve your pork chops with the honey garlic sauce.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
View all pressure cooker recipes
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.