The Best Holiday Chocolate Bark
This holiday chocolate bark is a must-try homemade treat with only 4 ingredients… chocolatey with cookies and cream and a peppermint crunch, the perfect gift idea. Thank you to Safeway for sponsoring this recipe. Plus video tutorial!
With the holidays around the corner, I start getting serious cravings for this holiday chocolate bark which takes me back to my childhood! While store-bought varieties abound, nothing is better than this homemade recipe.
It’s a creamy two-tone bark with dark and white chocolate layers. There’s cookies and cream in the middle and crushed candy cane on top. So pretty and drool-worthy 🙂
You’ll probably want to give some away to family, friends and maybe neighbors as gifts. And this makes an amazing gift. But don’t forget about yourself! It’s the holidays after all, you made it through the year, so reward yourself.
Our one-stop shop for healthy eating is our local Safeway. They’re open early, which suits our hectic schedules, and they have tons of O Organics® products, including our faves that we used here.
O Organics® is a line of over 400 USDA-certified organic products available exclusively at Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s Supermarkets, Star Market, United Express and Carrs/Safeway. Visit here to find a store near you and discover more meal prep tips and recipe ideas.
- We find O Organics® tastes great and is easy on our wallet. We buy this product line at our Safeway store, and you can order online for delivery in many locations too. If you are interested in trying grocery delivery this holiday season, Safeway wants to offer you savings on your 1st order:
- Free Delivery on your 1st order – or –
- $25 Off + Free Delivery on your 1st order when you spend $100 or more. Enter promo code: SEASONSEATINGS at online checkout. Order by 1/14/18.
There’s an amazing selection for holiday baking. Their semisweet chocolate chips have 51% cacao for rich flavor and a gorgeous sheen when they melt.
The O Organics® Cookie Sandwiches are a great alternative to oreos if you prefer to eat organic, and we find they’re less expensive too!
So get ready for some awesome baking with this mouthwatering holiday chocolate bark.
This is such a fun and easy recipe to make. All you need is a baking sheet, a few mixing bowls and a spatula for spreading.
Watch how to make holiday chocolate bark:
Holiday Chocolate Bark (with Video)
- 8 O Organics® Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches, crumbled
- 8 candy canes
- 16 oz O Organics® Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 16 oz white chocolate
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat, and set aside.
- Crumble the cookie sandwiches into a bowl and set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips into a medium bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals on 50% power until smooth, stirring each time.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the middle of the prepared baking sheet. Using a spatula, spread it out to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle the cookie sandwich pieces evenly across the melted chocolate. Chill on a flat surface for 20 minutes, meanwhile preparing the rest.
- Pulverize the candy canes by placing in a ziptop bag, sealing and pounding with a mallet.
- Place the white chocolate into another medium bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals on 50% power until smooth, stirring each time.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the fridge. Pour the white chocolate evenly across the crumbled oreos, and spread to cover with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes evenly across the white chocolate layer. Chill for 20 minutes more.
- Remove from the fridge, and cut into pieces with a knife. Serve and enjoy!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.