Game Day Chicken Wings
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Kernels Seasonings.
These Game Day Chicken Wings are flavorful and baked to perfection in the oven. You only need 3 ingredients to make them for an easy game day appetizer everyone will love!
Chicken wings are a longstanding game day favorite, and baking them is one of the best ways to make them. It’s healthier and the wings can still turn out crispy.
We’ve used Kernels Seasonings to create a tangy rub that will keep your guests coming back for more! This recipe is the solution to bland chicken wings!
How to Make Game Day Chicken Wings
To make them, you’ll want a baking sheet lined with foil (for easy cleanup) and a wire rack to hold the wings.
Rub the chicken wings with oil and then toss with the seasoning to coat evenly. Place them on the wire rack with an inch of space in between for even cooking.
Next, bake them for 30-40 minutes at 400°F to an internal temperature of 165°F measured with an instant-read thermometer. The juices should run clear when poked with a fork (read more about how long to bake chicken wings).
While they’re baking, you can make an easy dip by combining sour cream with ranch seasoning. Voila – you’re done!
What to Serve with Game Day Chicken Wings
Watch Recipe Video:
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
More game day appetizers:
View all game day recipes
Game Day Chicken Wings (with Video)
- 3 lbs chicken wings, about 12 wings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup Kernels Seasoning, Nacho Cheddar flavor or your choice
Dip - optional
- 1 tablespoon Kernels Seasoning, Ranch or Dill pickle flavor
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place an ovenproof wire rack on top.
- Pat dry the chicken wings with paper towel if needed to remove excess moisture. Then add them to a medium bowl with the oil, tossing until thoroughly coated.
- Add the seasoning and toss until the wings are coated. Then arrange them on the baking sheet rack with at least an inch of space in between to promote even cooking.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until turning brown. The best way to check doneness is by inserting an instant-read thermometer and looking for an internal temperature of 165°F. (If you don‘t have one, poke with a fork and the juices should run clear.)
- Optional: Make the dipping sauce by combining the sour cream with the seasoning in a small bowl.
- Remove wings from oven and arrange on a serving platter. Serve with dipping sauce as well as carrot and celery sticks.
- If you can't find the seasoning, you can make your own by combining the following: 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp ground oregano, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 1/2 tsp salt
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.