Chicken Crescent Ring
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Chicken Crescent Ring is a mouthwatering appetizer stuffed with shredded chicken, ranch and mozzarella cheese, all wrapped in flakey crescent rolls. It’s perfect to serve on Game Day with a fun football theme!
A chicken crescent ring is a delicious appetizer that always gets rave reviews. We’ve served it on Game Day and anytime we have leftover chicken on hand after a holiday feast. You can make it with just 5 ingredients and 15-20 minutes of prep…
There are 5 basic ingredients to make this chicken crescent roll ring:
- Crescent rolls: I used two 8-oz cans of Pillsbury crescent roll dough.
- Shredded chicken: You can use leftover chicken or buy shredded chicken
- Ranch dressing: This is your standard salad dressing.
- Shredded mozzarella: You can use full-fat or part-skim for a lighter option. Alternatively, try using cheddar or jack cheese.
- Egg: Brushing the dough with one lightly beaten egg will help create an attractive golden presentation.
To create the optional football theme for Game Day, we put pepperoni slices in the middle with strips of mozzarella on top to look like a football seam.
How to Make a Chicken Crescent Ring
To make it, you’ll need a large baking sheet or pizza pan lined with parchment paper. Start by opening the crescent roll cans are arrange the triangular pieces in an round or oval shape.
Next, you’ll want to sprinkle the shredded cheese onto the dough. Then mix the shredded chicken with ranch, salt and pepper. (If you want a kick, you can add some hot sauce or cayenne pepper for some heat.)
Pull the crescent roll dough over top of the chicken mixture, tucking the tips underneath to seal. Brush lightly with beaten egg for an attractive presentation. Then bake for about 20 minutes until golden.
To create the optional Game Day theme, add pepperoni slices to the middle halfway through baking. Layer cheese strips on top to resemble a football seam.
Watch Recipe Video: Chicken Crescent Ring
This short tutorial shows you how to make a chicken crescent ring:
More Recipes For Leftover Chicken:
Chicken Crescent Ring (with Video)
- 16 oz crescent roll dough, 2 cans
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 20 pepperoni slices
- 2 mozzarella cheese slices
- dipping sauce, chipotle, ranch or marinara
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shredded chicken with the ranch dressing, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Unwrap the crescent rolls into triangular pieces. Arrange in an oval shape on the prepared pan (following the video).
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella across the crescent rolls. Then spoon the chicken mixture evenly on top.
- Fold the crescent roll flaps loosely over the chicken, tucking the tips underneath.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg. Then bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Halfway through add the optional pepperoni slices and cheese strips in the middle.
- Remove from oven and holding the edges of the parchment, carefully lift the crescent ring onto a serving platter. Serve warm with optional dipping sauce.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.