Heart Shaped Cake with Berries
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Heart Shaped Cake is moist and delicious with colorful berries on top for a stunning presentation! It’s easy to make using a square and round cake pan. Perfect for any special occasion including birthdays, Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day!
This heart cake always conveys the message of love and affection with its delicious flavors and beautiful presentation! We used a simple white cake mix, but you can use any flavor you like.
You can also top with whatever fruits you like. We used strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. Other great choices include sliced kiwis, grapes and tangerines.
How to Make a Heart Shaped Cake
You don’t need a heart shaped cake pan for this recipe. Instead, we’re using a square 8-inch pan and a round 8-inch pan. After baking we cut the round cake in half and combine it with the square cake to make the heart shape. After frosting, nobody can tell!
We’ve suggested funfetti cake mix, but you can use whatever flavor you prefer. We’ve included four types of berries for fun, but you’re having trouble finding the varieties you want then just using strawberries will work.
Watch how to make it:
More heart-shaped desserts:
View all Valentine’s Day recipes
Easy Heart Shaped Cake
- 1 package white cake mix, funfetti recommended
- ingredients called for on cake mix box, water, oil, egg etc.
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 cups white icing
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease one 8-inch round pan and one 8-inch square pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Make the cake batter according to the instructions on the box. Divide batter between round and square pans, keeping thickness similar. Bake according to instructions.
- Remove from the oven, and cool on wire cooling racks for at least 20 minutes. Then cut the round cake in half.
- Place the square cake onto a large serving plate or cutting board. Arrange the two half round cake pieces with the square cake to make a heart shape.
- Frost the cake using a spatula - it doesn't need to be perfect because it will be covered.
- Arrange berries on top according to the photo. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.