Easy Heart Shaped Cake
Heart Shaped Cake With Berries is not only beautiful and delicious, but it brings a welcome burst of colors. It’s perfect for a special occasion or just for special someone…
This cake is so easy to make with some simple hacks. It may come as a surprise that you don’t need a heart shaped cake pan round and square pans such as these ones about 8 inches across. Apart from that, you will be good to go.
We’ve suggested funfetti cake mix, but you can use whatever flavor you prefer. You can even get away with a chocolate cake if you’re a chocaholic because the icing will hide the cake color. We’ve included four types of berries for fun, but you’re having trouble finding the varieties you want then just using strawberries will work.
If you want another idea for Valentine’s Day, check out our super-easy Ice Cube Tray Chocolates recipe… Watch our video tutorial to see how to make it:
DIY Easy Heart Shaped Cake (Video Recipe)
- 1 package white cake mix, funfetti recommended
- ingredients called for on cake mix box, water, oil, egg etc.
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 cups white icing
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease one 8-inch round pan and one 8-inch square pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Make the cake batter according to the instructions on the box. Divide batter between round and square pans, keeping thickness similar. Bake according to instructions.
- Remove from the oven, and cool on wire cooling racks for 20 minutes. Then cut the round cake in half.
- Place the square cake onto a large serving plate or cutting board. Arrange the two half round cake pieces with the square cake to make a heart shape.
- Frost the cake using a spatula - it doesn't need to be perfect because it will be covered. Arrange berries on top according to the photo. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.