Mac and Cheese Nachos
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Mac and Cheese Nachos are a fun appetizer recipe with soft and creamy mac and cheese combined with crispy homemade tortilla chips. Perfect for a party or game day!
Watch how to make mac and cheese nachos:
Mac and Cheese Nachos (with Video)
- 1 1/2 cups elbow pasta, 6 oz
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 tortillas, 8 inch size
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, sliced
- fresh cilantro, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the package. Meanwhile, make the nachos.
- Cut the tortillas into 3-4" triangles and place in a large mixing bowl. Add melted butter, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and toss until coated.
- Place tortilla pieces onto prepared baking sheets and bake about 8 minutes. (If your pieces don't all fit onto one sheet, you may need to do a second batch)
- During baking, finish the mac and cheese. Add milk and garlic powder to pasta, stir in cheese. Microwave for 60 seconds or until creamy.
- Remove tortilla chips from oven and add mac n cheese, black beans, tomatoes and jalapeno slices and finally the rest of the cheese.
- Bake the nachos for 6 minutes until the cheese is bubbling. Garnich with cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.