Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep makes irresistibly delicious lunches and dinners for the entire week. It’s easy to make and full of authentic teriyaki chicken flavor with no marinating required!
This Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep is one of our fave meal prep recipes, and it’s as easy as our popular Teriyaki Chicken. Save time and money by prepping for the entire week in just 45 minutes!
The teriyaki flavor actually improves during storage, so you won’t believe how yummy it is. Simply pair with some rice and vegetables to make a complete meal.
How to Meal Prep
With meal prep, you can prepare all of your meals on Sunday and then take it easy the rest of the week. Meal prep can be a life saver when work and school schedules get hectic.
- Meal prep frees your mind to focus on what’s important to you instead of having to make decisions at every meal
- You can resist convenience options like takeout and fast food, while all while managing portion sizes
- It’ll save a pile of money on restaurant food and reduce your cooking time.
Tips for Selecting Meal Prep Containers
Having a decent set of meal prep containers will help keep your organized, making meal prepping easier and faster. They can also look good!
Most meal prep containers have a rectangular shape and will hold 4-5 cups of food.
Use the following tips for selecting them:
- Brand and size: Buy the same brand and size of containers! Trust me, you don’t want to be sorting through mismatched lids on different types of containers.
- Quantity: You want to buy a pack of at least 10 containers to have enough ready to be loaded up at any time.
- Material: Microwaveable, BPA-free plastic containers like these ones are the best lightweight option if you’re always on-the-go. Glass containers like these are a good durable alternative if you want to avoid plastic.
More meal prep ideas:
View all meal prep recipes
Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey,
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar, apple cider or rice vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger powder, or minced fresh
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional serving ideas
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, minced
- steamed rice
- green vegetable, broccoli or other
- Start cooking rice and vegetables if applicable.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, ginger powder, garlic, vinegar and cornstarch.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1-2 tsp oil and half of the cubed chicken.
- Fry 2-3 minutes per side until nicely browned. If not browning, increase heat and continue for another minute. Remove to a plate and reserve.
- Fry the remaining chicken the same way with another 1-2 tsp oil.
- Add the reserved chicken to the pan.
- Add the sauce mixture to chicken and stir continuously until it thickens to coat the chicken.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Arrange in meal prep containers with equal amounts of vegetable and rice. Garnish with optional sesame seeds and green onion. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.