Red Velvet Slutty Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These decadent Red Velvet Slutty Brownies combine three favorites in one: red velvet cake, oreo cookies and chocolate chip cookie dough. Perfect for parties, potlucks, Valentine’s Day and other celebrations!
So when you’ve mastered the original slutty brownies recipe, then it’s time to venture further afield. And that’s where these red velvet slutty brownies come in!
There are 3 mouthwatering layers in these dessert bars: chocolate chip cookies on the bottom, oreos in the middle and red velvet cake on top. If you want extras, try drizzling some chocolate sauce on top or adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
You only need 3 ingredients to make them, so let’s get this party started!
Since red velvet is usually a store-bought phenomenon, we opted to make this recipe super-simple with just 3 ingredients:
- Red velvet cake mix: I used Betty Crocker, but you can pick your favorite brand.
- Oreo cookies: I used regular oreos, but you can use red velvet oreos for extra color if you like.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough: One can of Pillsbury or a similar cookie dough will work, or you can make your own.
In terms of serving ideas, they are pretty decadent as is. However, you can take them to an even higher level by drizzling chocolate sauce on top of adding a scoop of ice cream on the side.
How to Make Red Velvet Slutty Brownies
To make them, start with a square 8-inch baking pan lined with parchment. Pack a 1/4-inch layer of cookie dough into the bottom. Then arrange 16 oreos in a 4×4 grid on top of the dough. Finally, pour red velvet cake batter to just barely cover the cookie sandwiches.
Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Now for the difficult part, which is waiting a good 30 minutes or more to let them cool. If you cut into the brownies while they’re still warm, the layers could collapse into each other.
Once they’ve cooled, use the parchment to lift them out of the pan in one piece for easy cutting.
Watch Recipe Video:
This video tutorial shows how to make them from start to finish:
More oreo desserts:
View all desserts
Red Velvet Slutty Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper (this will make unmolding much easier).
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the baking pan to about 1/4 inch thickness. Then arrange the oreos in a single layer on top of the cookie dough.
- Make the red velvet cake batter according to the package directions and pour on top of the oreos, just enough to barely cover.
- Using a spatula, spread the red velvet batter so it fills the spaces between the oreos and lightly covers the oreos on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes. Then use the parchment paper to lift the brownies out of the pan for easy cutting.
- Make Ahead: You can make these brownies ahead of time and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. They also freeze well for up to 4 months.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.