Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
There’s nothing better than homemade chocolate chip cookies, and this chocolate chip cookie dough recipe is a family favorite. It’s easy to make and even easier to eat. It is also the major ingredients for some of our most popular recipes such as Slutty Brownies and Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
To make it, start by beating softened unsalted butter with two sugars in a large mixing bowl. Then add in the eggs and vanilla…
A stand mixer or handheld mixer is helpful, and if you don’t have one use a large wooden spoon (with some extra effort!).
Once the wet ingredients are thoroughly combined, add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until smooth…
The last step for making the chocolate chip cookie dough is simply to mix in the chocolate chips by hand…
Now you’re ready to shape the cookie dough into balls and place on the cookie sheet. You can use your finger tips or a cookie scoop:
Bake for 12-15 minutes in a 350°F oven and you’ll have soft, delicious cookies!
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make it:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together using a handheld mixer.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and finally add vanilla.
- Mix in flour, salt and baking soda. Then finally mix in the chocolate chips.
- Form cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls using your fingers, and arrange 1 1/2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 min or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.