This Ladyfinger Cheesecake is a delicious French charlotte cake with a lady finger crust and creamy cherry cheesecake filling. It’s a mouthwatering dessert to make for a party or holiday, no baking required!
This ladyfinger cake is an easy make-ahead dessert that always makes a big impression. It’s beautiful, creamy, moist and full of delicious cherry flavor (although you can use blueberry or other fillings if you prefer!). Can anyone ask for more???
Lady finger cakes hail from France where they’re called a charlotte cake and prized for ease of preparation. The crust consists simply of ladyfingers, which are light and spongey Italian biscuits that soften as they mold to the cheesecake filling!
How to Make Lady Finger Cake
To make it, start by lining a 9-inch springform pan with ladyfingers. Then make the filling by beating softened cream cheese with sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Next, beat 2 cups of heavy cream to stiff peaks and use a large spatula to fold into the cream mixture.
Spoon the cream cheese filling into the cake pan and spread to an even layer using a spatula. It should come about 3/4 of the way up the side of the ladyfingers.
The last step is spreading a thin layer of cherry filling on top. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours to let the filling firm up.
Tips for Making Ladyfinger Cake
- Ladyfingers are a key ingredient for this recipe and you can find them at specialty grocers or online. The only substitute is pieces of spongecake although they can finicky to fit into the pan.
- You’ll find the filling much easier to make using softened cream cheese. Read more about how to soften cream cheese quickly here.
- Given the amount of mixing and beating here, I recommend using a 4-5 quart stand mixer or alternatively a hand mixer.
- Keep this dessert chilled until serving.
Watch Recipe Video:
Watch this 1-minute video to see how to make lady finger cake:
More No Bake Cheesecakes:
View all no bake recipes
- In a springform pan, line with ladyfingers along bottom and sides.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks and gently fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread half the cream mixture onto the ladyfingers. Then spread half the cherry filling. Add a layer of ladyfingers on top of and repeat. Top with remaining pie filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to firm up before serving.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.