Making your own chocolate candies? Why isn’t everyone doing this!? If you elect to make these Ice Cube Tray Chocolates, your moment of indulgence is guaranteed to satisfy your craving, and you eliminate mystery ingredients you can’t pronounce. You decide how fattening, sweet, crunchy or salty your candy is.
Oh, and it’s cheaper and way healthier than a bag of snickers. Win-Win.
All you need for this recipe is an ice tray or candy mold, your favorite chocolate chip flavors and some toppings of your choice! Just decide what you flavors are your favorite to mix with chocolate (we used coconut, pomegranate and almonds), and tailor the recipe to fit your needs! Other ideas include pistachios, peanuts, strawberry chunks, bananas, peanut butter chips, and more!
Once you’ve mastered this recipe, check out our holiday version with icing on top! Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Ice Cube Tray Chocolates
- 12 oz chocolate chips dark, white and/or milk
- almonds, coconut flakes, pomegranate seeds or other fillings
- Put chocolate chips through the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into each ice cube mold until half full.
- Place pomegranate seeds, almonds, coconut flakes, or whatever flavors you choose on top. Then fill the cube to the top with chocolate.
- Freeze for at least 60 minutes. They can stay out at room temperature for a few hours if your home is reasonably cool. Serve and enjoy!
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here