10 Minute Easy Pizza Sandwich
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These easy Pizza Sandwiches combine your favorite bread with delicious pizza toppings such as pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, all cooked to golden cheesy perfection. They’ll take your love for grilled cheese to a new level!
Dip them into pizza sauce for the ultimate comfort food. The best part, it takes less than 10 minutes to make and is perfect for breakfast or a casual lunch!
Pizza grilled cheese sandwich
A pizza sandwich is the greatest advancement in grilled cheese sandwiches. Kids also love them, and the possibilities for customizing are endless!
Sometimes I find myself in situations where I crave pizza flavors but don’t feel like making an entire pizza. I always keep pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese in the fridge so that I can make these grilled pizza sandwiches for a quick meal. They are so comforting and easy to customize in so many different ways.
What’s in pizza sandwiches?
For this pizza sandwich recipe, you’ll only need a few simple ingredients:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
- Cooking oil spray (or vegetable oil)
How to make pizza sandwiches
These pizza sandwiches couldn’t be any easier to make! Just butter one side of each bread and place half of the bread slices in a greased frying pan in one layer. On each bread, add mozzarella cheese slices, then top with pepperoni, and spread the marinara sauce. Place another bread on top, flip and cook until cheesy and brown.
Tips for making the best pizza sandwich recipe
- For a healthier option, you can use whole wheat bread and cut down the cheese.
- Other topping ideas include ham, fresh tomatoes, cooked bacon, sausages, mushroom or onions, etc. Mozzarella is my favorite cheese for pizza as it melts well. But any flavor of cheese you like will do.
- You can also bake your sandwiches in the oven instead of cooking on the stove. Just place the assembled sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake for about 6 minutes at 400°F.
- You can add another layer of toppings and finish with one more slice of bread for a double-decker style! Just cook a few minutes longer to make sure the cheese is melted.
More Pizza Recipe
10 Minute Easy Pizza Sandwich
- 8 slices Italian bread, (¾ inch) or your favorite sandwich bread*
- 2 tablespoon butter, softened to room temperature
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 20 slices pepperoni
- cooking oil spray, or vegetable oil
- Butter one side of each bread slices. (I used about ¼ tablespoon for each bread, but you can use more or less according to personal preference.)
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and grease with cooking oil spray or vegetable oil.
- When hot, place 4 slices of bread onto the pan in one single layer, butter-side down. (If your pan is not big enough for 4 slices, cook in batches.)
- On top of each bread slice, add two slices of mozzarella cheese, 5 pepperoni slices and spread about ¼ cup marinara sauce on top of the mozzarella.
- Place the remaining bread slices on top. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the sandwiches and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until cheesy and brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- *Cook your pizza sandwiches longer if your bread is thicker.
- If using griddle, heat your griddle over medium heat. Once hot, toast pizza sandwiches for 3-4 minutes PER SIDE or until cheesy and brown.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
More Easy Sandwiches & Wraps Recipes