Guacamole Stuffed Onion Rings are the ultimate tasty snack, and will change your life for the better! They combine guacamole and onion rings into one delicious bite. You can make them on game day or at your next party for an out-of-this-world treat, and they are just as good as an amazing treat at home.
Because these guys are baked instead of fried, they’re low in saturated fat and also low carbs too. Watch the video below to see how to make them:
Guacamole Stuffed Onion Rings
- 2 large onions
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lime wedges and chipotle sauce for serving
- 3 avocados peeled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Cut onions into 1/2 inch slices, and pull out 15-20 rings and place onto baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flesh of the avocados and mash. Mix in the lime juice, tomatoes, jalapeno and cilantro.
- Stuffed each onion rings with the guacamole mixture. Then freeze for at least 30 minutes until solid.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In 3 separate bowls, place flour, breadcrumbs and eggs.
- One by one, dip each onion ring into eggs, then flour and finally breadcrumbs. Place each back onto baking sheet. and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve right away with your favorite dipping sauce and lime wedges.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here