Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls are crispy on the outside and creamy inside with an irresistible jalapeno dipping sauce. Enjoy this delicious appetizer at home without the restaurant price tag!
Avocado egg rolls are an irresistible appetizer especially if you love avocados, guacamole or both! They have a nice crunch to them with a creamy and flavorful filling that’s pleasantly addictive.
While they’re delicious to make any time, they’re fabulous as an hors d’oeuvre for parties and Game Day get-togethers. You only need about 20 minutes to make them, plus they’re vegetarian with about 165 calories each.
How to Make Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls
There are 3 steps for making them:
- Assemble the egg rolls: Combine ripe avocados, tomato and red onion with lime juice and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Then spoon onto an egg roll wrapper and wrap tightly, repeating until you’ve used up the filling.
2. Deep Frying – Add 1-inch of vegetable oil to a skillet and heat to 400°F (you can also use a deep fryer). When the oil is hot, simply add one egg roll to fry for 1-2 minutes until golden and remove to a paper towel lined plate.
3. Make the Dipping Sauce – While the egg rolls are cooling, you can quickly make the dipping sauce by combining cilantro, lime juice, sour cream, jalapeno, may and garlic in a food processor. Pulse or puree for about 5 seconds until creamy.
Tips for Making Avocado Egg Rolls
- Selecting ripe avocados is important, i.e. you want them to give slightly to pressure without being mushy.
- Get your equipment ready before deep frying: a paper towel-lined plate or cooling rack, a deep fry thermometer, a mesh strainer or slotted spoon.
- Roll the avocado egg rolls tightly, taking care not to add too much filling. A tablespoonful is usually enough.
- Plan to serve shortly after deep frying. Let them cool for 2-3 minutes and serve warm with the dipping sauce.
Recipe Video: Avocado Egg Rolls
This quick video tutorial shows how to easily make avocado egg rolls:
More copycat recipes:
More copycat recipes
Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls (+Video)
Avocado Egg Rolls
- 3 medium avocados, peeled and pitted, see note
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 10 large egg roll wrappers
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with tomato, red onion, lime juice and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Place wrapper flat, add a large spoonful of avocado mix and fold into a wrap. Repeat until mix is used up.
- Add 1 inch of oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer and preheat to 400°F. Line a plate with paper towel and set aside.
- When the oil is hot, add one egg roll and fry until light golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove to the prepared plate using a mesh strainer or slotted spoon.
- Repeat for remaining egg rolls, frying in batches of 2-3 at a time.
- To a food processor or blender, add remaining 3/4 cup cilantro, remaining lime juice sour cream, mayo, jalapeño, garlic, salt and pepper. Puree about 5 seconds until creamy.
- Serve egg rolls warm with jalapeño dipping sauce.
- Use ripe avocados that give slightly when pressed, avoiding mushy avocados with dark spots.
- This recipe is best consumed shortly after preparation, as the avocado filling will discolor after several hours.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.