Deep Fried Cookie Dough
Deep Fried Cookie Dough is a mouthwatering dessert that’s crispy on the outside, but soft and melty on the inside, with intense cookie dough flavors. One of the best treats you’ll ever eat! Plus video tutorial!
It’s battered cookie dough bites fried to a fluffy, golden perfection for a sweet treat that melts in your mouth. This recipe is inspired by the Texas State Fair, where is has appeared several years according to reports.
But the question remains on how to make it at home, since we wouldn’t want to limit our intake to once per year! This dessert is so yummy for Cheat Days, midnight snacks, spring break. Heck, we’ve even made it on Mother’s Day.
See when you pull apart these balls, they are full of melty chocolately goodness that nobody can resist!
We like to serve them warm on a platter stacked in two layers. You can also give them a dusting of powdered sugar and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
This is one of the easier deep fried recipes out there. Simply start with your favorite cookie dough batter, either homemade or store bought. We used chocolate chip here, but it works for oreo or peanut butter dough too.
Then use a scoop to make about 24 cookie dough balls about 1 1/2 inches in size:
The final step before deep frying is dipping each ball into a batter that is similar to pancake batter. Some people have asked if raw eggs are an issue, but the balls get fully heated in the deep fryer so no worries.
6 Best Deep Fried Desserts
- Deep Fried Ice Cream
- Deep Fried Cheesecake
- Deep Fried Apple Pie
- Deep Fried S’mores
- Funnel Cake Fries
- Deep Fried Cookie Dough (YOU ARE HERE)
WATCH HOW TO MAKE DEEP FRIED COOKIE DOUGH
Deep Fried Cookie Dough (with Video)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Batter and Frying
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
Serving - optional
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- chocolate or caramel sauce
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper/wax paper, and also line a plate with paper towel. Set both aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix in flour and chocolate chips until blended.
- Form into 1 ½ inch balls and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze the balls for at least 15 minutes while you complete the remaining steps.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add milk and oil and whisk until smooth.
- Add 2 inches of oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer and heat to 375°F.
- Dip four cookie balls into batter and gently drop into hot oil. Fry 1-2 minutes per side until golden and remove to prepared plate.
- Repeat previous step for remaining balls, frying in batches.
- Drizzle with optional topping and dust with powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more deep fryer recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.