These Dorito Bacon Onion Rings are the ultimate crowd-pleasing snack! There’s something about the smokey flavor of bacon combined with crunchy dorito crumbs on an onion ring.
You can serve these for any party with some dipping sauces like salsa, guacamole or sour cream. They’re also perfect for game day appetizers and even better as tailgate finger foods. Yasss!
You can make these onion rings with 4 simple ingredients: Dorito chips (or similar), bacon, onions and eggs. Start by pulverizing the chips into crumbs using either a food processor or ziplock bag with a rolling pin or mallet. It only takes a minute or so.
Then you can make the onion rings. Just slice a large white or yellow onion into 3/4 inch rings, and then wrap each one with two strips of bacon. It’s best to use thin bacon if possible, as it will cook faster. Avoid thick cuts on this recipe if possible.
The last step before baking is brushing each ring with lightly beaten eggs and dredging in your homemade dorito crumbs. Place them onto a baking sheet and into the oven they go. Bake for about 25 minutes at 375 in the lower third of the oven.
The goal is to cook the bacon thoroughly without browning the chips too much, so you get a nice golden color.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them from start to finish:
Dorito Bacon Onion Rings (With Video)
- 1 large white onion
- 12 strips bacon standard or thin cut
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 12 oz Doritos or similar chips
- dipping sauces: salsa, sour cream etc. optional
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat and set aside. Beat eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add chips to a ziplock bag or food processor and pulverize into crumbs. Put crumbs into a small bowl.
- Peel onion and slice into large 3/4 inch rings. Wrap each ring tightly with two strips of bacon. Repeat for remaining rings.
- Brush rings with eggs. Then dredge each ring in crumbs and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the lower third of the oven. Remove from oven. Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Check out our Guacamole Stuffed Onion Rings for another delicious snack recipe…