Bacon Onion Rings
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Bacon Onion Rings are full of smokey bacon flavor with a crispy Doritos crust! They’re perfect for parties and Game Day get-togethers served with your favorite dipping sauce.
When you want to take onion rings to a new level, then try this fusion of bacon, onions and Doritos chips! Yes, the idea is kind of outrageous, but the taste is out of this world!
You can make them in 30 minutes or less using the oven. That means easier cleanup with no need for deep frying!
How to Make Bacon Onion Rings
To make bacon onion rings, you’r simply slicing a large yellow or white onion into rings about 1/2-inch wide. Then wrap each ring with two strips of bacon to look like this:
Next, you’ll be making the Doritos crust. Pulverize the chips by placing in a ziptop bag and pounding into coarse crumbs using a mallet or rolling pin. You can also use a food processor or blender if you prefer.
Now brush each bacon onion ring with lightly beaten egg and dredge in the Doritos crumbs to form the crust. Bake for about 25 minutes in the lower third of a 375°F oven.
The goal is to cook the bacon through without browning the chips too much in order to get a nice golden color.
Watch Recipe Video
This video tutorial shows how to make them:
More onion rings recipes:
View all appetizer recipes
Bacon Onion Rings with Doritos Crust
- 1 large white onion
- 12 strips bacon, standard or thin cut
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 oz Doritos or similar chips
- dipping sauces: salsa, sour cream etc., optional
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat and set aside. Beat eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add chips to a ziplock bag or food processor and pulverize into crumbs. Put crumbs into a small bowl.
- Peel onion and slice into large 3/4 inch rings. Wrap each ring tightly with two strips of bacon. Repeat for remaining rings.
- Brush rings with eggs. Then dredge each ring in crumbs and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the lower third of the oven. Remove from oven. Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.