Start your day right with these Omelet Breakfast Croissant Boats – crispy bacon, fluffy egg and melted cheese baked in flaky croissants. So delicious and easy to make with only 6 ingredients. Perfect for the entire family…
We could all use some new breakfast ideas now and then, don’t you think? Like I’ve been eating way too much of the usual cereal and fried eggs. Breakfast boats typically hollow out French bread or rolls, but as far as we know it hasn’t been done with croissants… until now!
In addition to breakfast, these go great for brunch and lunch. A bit like quiche but easier, much easier! Kids devour them understandably, so you’ve got an all round crowd pleaser here, ready in under 30 minutes.
How to Make Omelet Breakfast Croissant Boats
To make them, start by cutting the boat in each croissant with a knife.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix the shredded cheese, bacon, and green onion.
In another bowl beat the eggs with milk and then add to the bacon cheese mixture.
Spoon the egg mixture into the prepared croissant boats.
Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat in case there are any drips.
Bake them at 375°F for 25 mins, or until golden brown and the egg mixture has set. Voila – breakfast is served!
People sometimes ask what to do with the tops of the croissants. We often bake them alongside to make a lid to put on top of the croissants for serving, or just make a snack out of them!
Watch How to Make Omelet Breakfast Croissant Boats:
Omelet Breakfast Croissant Boats (with Video)
Omelet Breakfast Croissant Boats are croissants stuffed with eggs, cooked bacon and cheese - such a yummy way to start your day.
- 4 large croissants
- 5 eggs
- 7 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- 6 strips of bacon chopped
- 3 tablespoon green onion
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Cut the top of each croissant with a knife.
- In a medium bowl, mix cheese, bacon, and green onion.
- In another medium bowl, beat eggs with milk. Combine with the bacon mixture.
- Spoon the egg-bacon mixture into the prepared croissant boats. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins, or until golden brown and egg mixture is set. Serve and Enjoy!
Editor note: Originally published March 22, 2017 and updated March 16, 2018
Looking for more omelet recipes to start your day?
- Omelet Breakfast Muffins
- Omelet Breakfast Bread Bowls
- Omelet Breakfast Baskets
- Omelet Breakfast Sliders
Looking for more easy breakfast recipes?
- 20 Minute Easy Breakfast Pizza
- Freezer Friendly Egg Muffins
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Pizza
- Healthy Granola Breakfast Pizza
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here