Breakfast Croissant Boats have fluffy omelet, crispy bacon and melty cheese baked to perfection inside flaky croissants. You can’t beat them for a quick breakfast or brunch the whole family will love! They’re ready in under 30 minutes with just a few ingredients. Plus video tutorial!
When you’re tired of breakfast sandwiches, cereal and milk, give these breakfast croissant boats a try! They’re an all-around crowd pleaser that’s ready in under 30 minutes 🙂 You can make these ahead of time, freeze and reheat on those hectic weekday mornings.
If you’re looking for other croissant breakfast recipes, try our Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding and Chocolate Banana Croissant Bake. Or if you prefer dinner rolls, then try our yummy Omelet Breakfast Sliders!
How to Make Breakfast Croissant Boats
To make them, start by cutting the boat in each croissant with a knife.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix the shredded cheese, bacon, and green onion.
In another bowl beat the eggs with milk and then add to the bacon cheese mixture.
Spoon the egg mixture into the prepared croissant boats. The mixture may soak slightly into the croissants, and that’s ok.
Place the filled croissants on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat in case there are any drips.
Bake them at 375°F for 20-25 mins, or until golden brown and the egg mixture has set. Voila – breakfast is served!
People sometimes ask what to do with the tops of the croissants. We often bake them alongside to make a lid to put on top of the croissants for serving, or just make a snack out of them!
Watch How to Make Breakfast Croissant Boats:
Breakfast Croissant Boats (with Video)
Breakfast Croissant Boats are an amazing way to start your day with fluffy omelet, crispy bacon and melty cheese all baked to perfection in flaky croissants. You can't beat it for a breakfast or brunch the whole family will love. They're ready in under 30 minutes with just a few ingredients.
- 4 large croissants
- 5 eggs
- 7 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- 6 strips of bacon chopped
- 3 tablespoon green onion
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Cut the top of each croissant with a knife.
- In a medium bowl, mix cheese, bacon, and green onion.
- In another medium bowl, beat eggs with milk. Combine with the bacon mixture.
- Spoon the egg-bacon mixture into the prepared croissant boats. Place them on a baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 25 mins, or until golden brown and egg mixture is set. Serve and enjoy!
- The croissant tops can be baked and served as lids on top of the croissants, or alternatively chopped up and mixed into the egg filling as a recipe variation.
- You can make breakfast croissant boats ahead of time. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month in a ziptop bag. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
Editor note: Originally published March 22, 2017 and updated March 16, 2018
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here