Breakfast Croissant Boats
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Breakfast Croissant Boats are filled with fluffy eggs, crispy bacon and cheese before being baked to perfection in the oven. This easy breakfast or brunch is ready in 30 minutes!
If you love croissant breakfast sandwiches but want to switch things up, then give these croissant boats a try! Everyone loves how they’re flakey on the outside, but light and fluffy inside!
This is possibly my favorite croissant breakfast recipe because it’s fun and easy to prepare. They go over so well for breakfast and brunches on weekends and holidays. Serve them with some fresh fruits and granola to make a complete meal!
How to Make Breakfast Croissant Boats
Making them only takes a few minutes. You’ll need some large croissants, eggs, cooked bacon, shredded cheese, green onions and milk. Start by cutting the tops of the croissants using a paring knife:
You can reserve the tops to bake alongside the boats. They make fun lids you can put on top, or you can simply eat them separately.
Next, beat the eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl with a fork. Then add the shredded cheese, cooked bacon, and green onion:
Spoon the egg mixture into the prepared croissant boats. The mixture may soak slightly into the croissants, and that’s ok.
Place the filled croissants on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat in case there are any drips.
Bake them at 375°F until golden brown and the egg mixture has set, about for 20-25 minutes. Voila – breakfast is served!
Watch Recipe Video:
The quick videos show you how to make breakfast croissant boats:
More breakfast ideas:
View all breakfast recipes
Breakfast Croissant Boats (with Video)
- 4 large croissants
- 5 eggs
- 7 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onion
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Cut the top of each croissant with a knife.
- In a medium bowl, mix cheese, bacon, and green onion.
- In another medium bowl, beat eggs with milk. Combine with the bacon mixture.
- Spoon the egg-bacon mixture into the prepared croissant boats. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins, or until golden brown and egg mixture is set. Serve and enjoy!
- The croissant tops can be baked and served as lids on top of the croissants, or alternatively chopped up and mixed into the egg filling.
- Make Ahead: To make them in advance, it's best to cool completely and freeze in resealable plastic bags for up to 3 months. (They will become soggy in the fridge). Reheat in the oven at 325°F for 15 minutes.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Editor note: Originally published March 22, 2017 and updated March 16, 2018